Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it  (Read 3118 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BankBank

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • BankBank
my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« on: April 21, 2010, 07:02:32 pm »

uh, so, hi. longtime lurker. as i am a big fan of onstad and consider my humor to be similar, i figured maybe someone here would appreciate my cartoons (very few people do =[ )

here's the best musical one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAWGqNG6rUk
and here's a non-musical one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD9Ii4AoBFo

well, waddya think?
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 07:05:44 pm »

dude..... that is friggin weird.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 07:26:00 pm »

I see you found the Mesh Warp effect.
Logged

BankBank

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • BankBank
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 07:49:00 pm »

I see you found the Mesh Warp effect.

never heard of it. i use sony vegas, probably called something different amongst programs.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 08:11:13 pm »

Does this belong in the other comics fora?  I don't know because it's a video.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

BankBank

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • BankBank
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 08:32:00 pm »

Does this belong in the other comics fora?  I don't know because it's a video.

yeah, i was considering that too.

what'd you think about 'em?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:45:21 pm »

I think it looks pretty amateurish, but there is some promise.  Keep plugging away.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 11:26:33 pm »

Didn't we tear Death_Ray a new asshole for promoting hisself on the board without sufficient cred?

I didn't find it particularly amusing, but then...I'm kind of a dull person, so. WTFDIK?

It wasn't bad enough to be offensive, which is something.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 12:12:24 am »

death ray came all up ons like "yo check this shit out it's so dope everybody loves it" and set the bar just at swingin' height

bankbank here at least knows to set low expectations. +1 for that.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 12:15:59 am »

I don't think videos belong in the cartoon forum.

And yeah, it's kind of tacky to promote your own stuff in your first post, but I think we can agree that it's far from the worst behavior we've seen from new posters lately.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 03:00:14 am »

Well, to be fair, weren't a few of us aware of Deathray's work before he come on here?

I was. I thought a few others were too, maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 08:54:37 pm »

Well, to be fair, weren't a few of us aware of Deathray's work before he come on here?

I was. I thought a few others were too, maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.
I was as well.  Still following it as well, although he's loafing in a hotel lobby somewhere this week instead of updating.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

BankBank

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • BankBank
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 09:36:39 pm »

show me the works of this 'deathray'
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 09:40:58 pm »

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: my animation - i Hope you don't hate it
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:10 pm »

Well, I don't hate it. Animation-wise is... looks like it could be... the beginning of something in the yet too distant? But I like the abruptness of the ending. Maybe Jambalaya is an inherently funny word.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up