Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?  (Read 5232 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« on: April 23, 2010, 05:03:11 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04222010

So hey uh thanks anyway Onstad but I think I already got what this story was about
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:09:24 am »

I need to smoke an entire pack of dark French cigarettes now. The impermeable cloud I form around myself will keep death at bay, for a little while.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 05:12:49 am »

I... I am serious. Why has this strip been about my life for, like, weeks?

Does this reinforce the idea that one of us/all of us are going to actually turn out to be Onstad?

Or is this more about The Universe communicating with me through peripheral entertainments like classic rock radio play-patterns, Joan of Arcadia-style?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 05:42:59 am »

That ees abouta the mosta Mexican- anda/ora Italian-ascanning comica-stripa Frencha accent I havea reada eeen at leasta two days.
Logged

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 07:04:54 am »

Home, eet ees a spicy meataball, oui?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 07:09:27 am »

He DOES read like Gambit trying to take a big shit.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 07:52:02 am »

House-o en mexico?

Tomorrow: Phillipe is at home, no one mentions anything, Onstad starts a new arc he has no idea how he's going to finish.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 12:14:52 pm »

"La Grande Illusion", one of my favorite movies =~
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 12:21:22 pm »

Tomorrow: Phillipe is at home, no one mentions anything, Onstad starts a new arc he has no idea how he's going to finish.

That's what I call going home again.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 12:24:45 pm »

By the way, is it some kind of national depressed comics holiday and no one told me?

Is it possible to get so sad that you die?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 02:30:22 pm »

fuck all you haters

today's comic is amazing

i am not being sarcastic

it is very well written


Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 02:54:06 pm »

I am more intrigued at the appearance of Philippe's dad.  How did he and Mom meet, exactly?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 02:57:21 pm »

I thought that was his grandpa.

Either way, it seemed pretty clear to me that he was a ghost.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 03:37:54 pm »

No no, Bobby, I'm not saying I disliked it.

I liked it a lot, it just hit too close to home.

And, also, Ghost Grandpa DID talk like he was about to go try and make out with Rogue, only for her to awkwardly remind him that her powers even work on ghosts and they are doomed to an angsty angsty love.

"Mais, chere, je suis un phantome..." or whatever.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: April 22, 2010 - Eet pees you off but good, oui?
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 04:21:27 pm »

Okay, reading this strip while streaming the new National album at the NYT is going to put me in a day long funk.  I need a cigarette.  I never need a cigarette.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up