Finished The Book of the New Sun (tetrology? quadrology?) just now. Weird post-apocalyptic (?) fantasy/sci-fi, mostly enjoyable.
Man, I am just not very perceptive when reading. I thought it was kind of confusing, interesting, and and wanted to hear some theories about what was going on at the end. These people online point out all kinds of major plot points that I missed, as well as major stuff going on with the main character that I did not notice. I just read a thing that seemed so obvious in retrospect, which is that the main guy is (spoiler) basically a scumbag, but tries to make himself sound good in how he describes his actions. He always explains the lofty morals he has while running away, abandoning his friends, etc. There is also a lot of half-hidden stuff going on with (spoilers again) time-travel or something like it, where apparently if you read the book again you notice that things are having effects backwards in time.