Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.  (Read 6784 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« on: April 30, 2010, 06:54:07 pm »



It was served in a chili-peanut oil sauce with perfectly cooked potatoes and rice.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:55:57 pm »

I like how its feet are still attached.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 06:58:57 pm »

also its head. how were the sweetbreads? i'd totally omnom that plate.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 07:01:31 pm »

also its head.
I was hoping that was an oddly shaped potato.  'Pig braiinnsss
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:02:22 pm »

also its head. how were the sweetbreads? i'd totally omnom that plate.

Gutted out. Or indistinguishable from the meat. Overall the flavor is very much like dark meat chicken, but the texture is very similar to very very slow cooked veal. The skin was great. It was kind of bony but not as bad as I thought it would be.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 07:10:16 pm »

also its head. how were the sweetbreads? i'd totally omnom that plate.

I didn't crack open the head. Plastic utensils and not the biggest fan of brains, texture-wise.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 07:24:04 pm »

Where was this? Did you ask where they get their guinea pigs? I would never eat something out of those icky cages at Petsmart.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 07:25:50 pm »

Where was this? Did you ask where they get their guinea pigs? I would never eat something out of those icky cages at Petsmart.

Huascaran in Del Ray.
http://www.huascaranrestaurant.com/
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 07:37:04 pm »

Wait a minute, I'm missing something here. Guinea pigs are hairy. When I do up a rabbit or a squirrel (don't tell Tod) I gut 'em in the forest and then when I get home I take a pair of shears and lop off the feet, head and tail, Then I split the skin to the spine down the back and peel the hide off from the top down off the feet last. After that you can cook it up like any other carcass.

How do they get the hair off for cooking without peeling them first? A quick boil like for a chickens feathers or what?

I have no problem with a tasty critter in a peanut oil sauce, I'd just do it like I described above, sans hair/hide.

Good meal.

No idea how the hair was removed. Either it's burned or boiled or a top layer of skin is removed and Iwas dealing with an under-layer (isn't skin five layers thick?) I'd imagine a quick parboil for a wet-cook method like this.  This is the most traditional Andean way of doing it. Another method, which I'll try next week, will be rotisserie style.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 08:05:48 pm »

Huascaran in Del Ray.
http://www.huascaranrestaurant.com/

There's no guinea pig on that menu. Was it a special? I don't want to schlepp all the way to Del Ray for nothing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 08:25:05 pm »

There's no guinea pig on that menu. Was it a special? I don't want to schlepp all the way to Del Ray for nothing.

IIRC the Del Ray art/craft fair is tomorrow. That's worth the schlep on its own.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 09:36:21 pm »

Wombat, perhaps you should contact the restaurant.  You could start ranching guinea pigs for them.

Food chain.  Get used to it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 10:09:46 pm »

Geez, wombles, I gave you a home option, y'know.

I know, but like I said, I don't want to eat those ones at the nasty Petsmart.

Really, I don't think I could kill a guinea pig. I think mice and small birds are my limit.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 12:06:38 am »

Man, that website was annoying as hell.  Also, as was stated above, no guinea pig on the menu.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: So I ate a guinea pig for lunch. Go fuck yourself.
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 12:43:24 am »

I don't know what it is with restaurants that they all think their websites have to, like, sing and dance and do all kinds of shit instead of just sit there and convey information. It is definitely an epidemic, though, so much so that I now steel myself for it every time I look up a restaurant.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up