Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ĄCinco de Mayo!  (Read 4667 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: ĄCinco de Mayo!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 02:53:41 am »

A really good movie could be written using zombies as a metaphor for hipster gentrification.

Not by me, I hate fuck*ng horror movies and I couldn't figure out how to sell a script IN Los Angeles, let alone where I'm heading back to but...

It's probably the one goddamned thing that HASN'T been the metaphor in a fuck*ng zombie movie.

Maybe they need goddamned PBR instead of brains.

"Night of the Ironic Tee-Shirts". Something like that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ĄCinco de Mayo!
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 03:07:04 am »

except in this movie, it would be like, hey, these zombies are bringing money into our area and rehabbing old abandoned buildings.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: ĄCinco de Mayo!
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 03:10:57 am »

Cherokee street. (between South Grand/Tower Grove and Soulard). Apparently the overall area is Benton Park West, but this one street has all the latino-owned businesses, at least for a couple of blocks. If you keep going you end up in... an antiques district?


Really?  That's about 3 blocks from where Mrs. West's brother and his family live, just south of Grand and Arsenal.  I had no idea.  Nice neighborhood, though.  When Mrs. West and I first met we didn't live very far from there, across the street from the Botanical Garden on Alfred.  Also a cool neighborhood.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: ĄCinco de Mayo!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 03:11:44 am »

Well, I'm sure that in a normal zombie movie, if you asked The Environment it would love the zombies too.

When all the human race can do is stumble around eating each others' brains, there's not much time put into polluting.

It's all context and all what you value.

If someone takes your childhood home, you know, and turns it into a Starbucks and the manager uses your old bedroom to jerk off to anime on his breaks... hey, the building looks nicer, there's more jobs in the area. But it's a tragedy to you and your memory. It's just in figuring out which is the more important value set.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ĄCinco de Mayo!
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 03:51:04 am »

in the battle between someone's memory of living in a building that is now abandoned, and actual people actually living in the building, I know which one I would pick every time.

yeah, Aug, that area is RAD. My friends who have stayed in St Louis after graduation all live around South Grand.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: ĄCinco de Mayo!
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 04:33:29 am »

......where are the Latinos?

wherever hes at, dogg.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up