Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF  (Read 8116 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 08:34:24 pm »

Sometimes, thought, it just annoys me, because she'll do it even when my gal and I are the only ones in the place.

Well yes, that's because the service doesn't improve even then.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 08:37:22 pm »

Although its not Denny's my wife once asked me why I didn't like IHOP.  I replied "everything there is sticky", which she found hilarious.  I haven't been in a Denny's since indoor smoking was banned.  My main recollection of it is that stale cigarette smell.  I wonder if I might like it more now without the stench.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 08:55:18 pm »

IHOP and Denny's have that in common. Along with porn theatres and nudie bars.

Different kind of syrup I guess, but yeah I've noticed that too.  I prefer IHop though because I don't have to wait a half an hour to get my pancakes.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 08:58:09 pm »

Going to Denny's makes me feel like I'd rather be at Waffle House.

YYYEEEEEEESSSSSSS


(the food at dohi sucks, but at least they bring a carafe of coffee. why can't you learn from them, waffle house? why?)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 08:59:12 pm »

Going to Denny's makes me wonder how I ended up on a different continent.

Seriously though, I just got back from dropping my little bro to the airport at 5am and y'all are making me crave some breakfast diner action.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 09:08:45 pm »

I loves me some IHOP. But then, I eat at Friendly's on purpose several times a year, so my judgement is not to be trusted.

Most of the IHOPs around here are either relatively new or recently remodeled, I think that makes a difference. The Waffle Houses, though they were a beloved haunt back in my college days, are all pretty ghetto.

This reminds me of the International House of Pancakes outside Charlotte where my brother in law used to live. It was on Cox Road, and when you called, the waitresses would answer the phone by saying, "IHOP on Cox, may I help you?"

Apparently, the management caught wind and put an end to it a few years ago, mainly because the place was flooded with phone calls from teenage boys.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 09:12:32 pm »

you know what i miss from ohio? not much. just Perkins. specifically, the $3.99 mag 7: two eggs, three flapjacks, two strips of bacon.

over easy.
bacon between bottom cakes, with one egg.
other egg under top cake.
drizzle in blueberry syrup.
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: *BREAKFAST*HEAVEN*
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 11:54:33 pm »

Friendly's: not only is everything sticky but I just received the milkshake I ordered in 1996
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 01:18:53 am »

See, the Friendly's I go to is my childhood Friendly's, and I always get good, fast service there. Like, "the meal arrives before I've finished reading the dessert menu" fast.

But when I met Alohadawg in the Cleveland Friendly's, I seem to remember it taking a surprisingly long time.

So maybe the one I frequent when I'm up north is just a particularly good link in the chain.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 04:57:38 am »

The Waffle Houses, though they were a beloved haunt back in my college days, are all pretty ghetto.

I thought that was the point?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 05:01:41 am »

you know what i miss from ohio? not much. just Perkins. specifically, the $3.99 mag 7: two eggs, three flapjacks, two strips of bacon.

over easy.
bacon between bottom cakes, with one egg.
other egg under top cake.
drizzle in blueberry syrup.
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: *BREAKFAST*HEAVEN*

I thank you for the phrase "bottom cakes."  Away I go.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 06:18:57 am »

I thank you for the phrase "bottom cakes."  Away I go.

the bigger cushion
the bigger the pushin'
etc.

also, i have fond childhood memories of the :) face pancake deal-a-majig at IHOP.  i havent been to one since before the age of 10 and ive been dying for it recently.  if i want dennys, id probably go to some other dumb place, like tgi fridays, or ruby tuesdays, or zebra foxtrot april fools day.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 05/26/2010 - SNIFFFFF
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 07:23:51 am »

I'm certain I've said it here before but it stands repetition in this instance:

The day I realized why my dad laughed everytime someone ordered a "Happy Ending" sundae at Friendlys was the day I became a man.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up