I could use a kidnap right now.
Oh, man, kidnapping you would be some fun.
P. G. Wodehouse (or his U.S. editors, anyway) would disagree with you.
Having not read the book, based only on the plot summary, couldn't the U.S. title be a sort of double entendre meant to refer to the numerous characters met during a supposed attempt to live a quite life in the country? Like they're all
supposed to be laid-back cat-nappers, but instead one or more of them turns out to be a cat-nabber?
So, I just googled "catnap catnab" and well... It took me somewhere so
confusing (NSFW) and
weird (NSFW?) that I feel almost as though I've passed through a porthole to another reality. As I try, desperately to stay on topic, what I can say is that in the U Tube clip Mr.Catnap is enacting forcible confinement, not cat-nabbing, which only confuses the matter further.
Oh internet. From a debate about language to Furry/bondage/abduction/forced confinement/school girl fantasy in six posts. Thank you internet.