Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 72   Go Down

Author Topic: Aminals  (Read 233704 times)

0 Members and 39 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Aminals
« Reply #630 on: January 06, 2015, 09:17:04 pm »

Well, after a few months I decided he was 90% one of these and 10% straight fuck*ng monster.

Tangentially relevant, I now call one of our cats "Supreme Cat of Obnoxiousness."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #631 on: January 07, 2015, 12:40:34 am »

My dad had a mix with a good dose of Aussie Cattle Dog in him (dam was one - owned by a FoaF - who broke out of the backyard and got busy with half the dogs in the neighborhood (the half that weren't neutered)).  The litter was a comical assortment of mutts with coats and leg lengths and all.
He was a great dog, but as a young 'un he did "herd" people by nipping at the back of your ankle, and sideswiping you to give you a shove in the right direction.  We did manage to train the ankle biting out of him, but he kept on bodychecking his human pack all the days of his life. 40 pounds is a lot of weight to get knocked at your knees.  Good thing we're an agile bunch.

Spouse brought home the new puppy (now a 5 MO) and was told he was an Australian Shepherd.

Well, after a few months I decided he was 90% one of these and 10% straight fuck*ng monster.

I've noticed him trying to herd the hosss about so I'm going to go study on how to train his herd instincts some so I can get in front of that.

Also, I really like the idea of turning out the hosss and then instead of me going and getting them back just pointing and saying "DA-A-AWG" like John Wayne in Big Jake to the Cattle Dog and having him herd them back toward the pens.

I'ma work on this.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #632 on: January 08, 2015, 02:22:02 pm »

Gotta love the Tractor Supply.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #633 on: January 08, 2015, 09:16:17 pm »

Yeah, Tractor Supply is a magical place.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Aminals
« Reply #634 on: January 12, 2015, 09:38:10 pm »

The Mayor should have his youngling try this with her next pony session. Kids would dig it.

Duly noted. I'll try to get video.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #635 on: January 13, 2015, 06:24:58 am »

I'm looking forward to that video.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #636 on: January 20, 2015, 06:14:15 pm »



Jelly Bean the ferret is a good house guest this week. For an animal that sleeps 22 hours a day, she goes hard. Those precious two hours of wakefulness were almost entirely spent chasing a plastic bag tied to a broomstick.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #637 on: January 29, 2015, 11:56:56 pm »

In a weird way doesn't it actually feel sorta good?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #638 on: January 30, 2015, 06:41:10 pm »

The dogs were probably concerned, but I'll be the hosss were indeed laughing.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #639 on: February 14, 2015, 05:08:11 am »

that lil' punk got devastated.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #640 on: March 02, 2015, 06:23:50 pm »

So we're a one pug family now. I swore I wouldn't leave it for too long, but I did. I didn't want to make a vet drive in an ice storm yesterday and I thought she could make it for one more day.  The vet was due to come at noon today and she started occasionally crying at about eleven. I hope I remember next time that a little too early is better than a little too late. But she had 16 great years and just two weeks of trying too hard that I regret in retrospect and two days that were really bad. I guess that's not too bad.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Aminals
« Reply #641 on: March 02, 2015, 06:42:54 pm »

Saddest thing.

Good dog, Lilly.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #642 on: March 02, 2015, 07:00:17 pm »

I'm pouring out an especially tiny can of Dr. Pepper for Lilly.  Lyle, Martha and Pepper will get extra pats tonight in her honor.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #643 on: March 02, 2015, 07:48:11 pm »

I think it must be nearly impossible to feel like you did it at the right time. I'm trying to remember that. And at least the vet was already on the way when it started to get really bad.

Yeah, 16 years. When I first got her, I subscribed to a magazine called Pug Talk. It was mostly about show pugs, and nearly every issue had at least one full-page ad that a breeder had taken out in honor of a pug that had died at like 5 years old. I was always so worried about something happening to her, and my deal with the universe was, please let her live till at least 5 and I won't complain. I think I made out pretty good in the end.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #644 on: March 03, 2015, 05:09:27 am »

Good bye Lilly!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 72   Go Up