Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 72   Go Down

Author Topic: Aminals  (Read 232643 times)

0 Members and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #675 on: June 02, 2015, 11:27:08 pm »

That is some Nuclear Option persuasion at work.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #676 on: June 03, 2015, 03:03:08 am »

My hearts exploding!  These goats!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #677 on: June 03, 2015, 05:35:12 am »

It's impossible to say no to those goats! My basal nervous system wants these goats!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #678 on: June 15, 2015, 05:22:00 pm »

Make sure you're getting heritage turkeys - they're much more interesting than the white, mutant things that get raised for the supermarket freezer.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #679 on: June 15, 2015, 07:06:02 pm »

We have lots of wild turkeys around here.  They're fun to watch and you can get surprisingly close to them sometimes.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #680 on: June 15, 2015, 07:50:05 pm »

How does that even work? Do you send it off somewhere to be cut up into recognizable cow-meat segments?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #681 on: June 15, 2015, 11:08:18 pm »

I would sure rather have Leon do it than do it myself. I'm not even great at, like, deboning chicken parts. I sure don't want to start with a whole critter.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #682 on: June 16, 2015, 05:09:36 am »

That is very enterprising of you Ash. Are you sure you can get it all down in just one go watching a master work? I mean, that's a lot of cuts to slice up a cow. What if when it's your turn you butcher the job, so to speak? Would you call Leon in to clean up your mess or just live with it?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #683 on: June 16, 2015, 10:21:47 pm »

So basically what you are saying is that you don't need some asshole with a sawz-all to tell you what a goddamn t-bone looks like. Ha ha ha...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #684 on: June 17, 2015, 02:52:33 am »

Really, I'd want to see what they used for tackle to lift and tools to section the damn carcass when things are big and unwieldy. Once I got the meat sectioned down so I can start table cutting I can deal. I haven't done anything bigger than a 90# deer or pig so just handling the mass on the ground is a challenge, as is hanging and sectioning the carcass.

2 to 1 the process involves splitting things with a goddam sawz-all.

Don't take that bet. I called the sawz-all right off the cuff.

Sawz-all are just so dang useful.  You can do so many things with 'em.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aminals
« Reply #685 on: June 29, 2015, 06:55:42 pm »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #686 on: July 07, 2015, 11:13:40 pm »

The filter that just keeps giving.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #687 on: July 08, 2015, 02:58:25 am »

The other day there was a bird dying of a broken neck on the sidewalk in front of my house. It was too big for me to deal with killing it so I hoped I could just ignore it. Unfortunately the mailman came and informed me there was a small crowd around a bird at the bottom of my stairs. I went and got a box and put it someplace private. The people standing around were convincing themselves the bird was going to be OK basically because it was managing to find the energy to horribly struggle to get away from them. It was not going to be OK.

 I felt bad that I couldn't put it out of its misery but my experience is limited to things the size of mice and sparrows. This was like a starling or a young crow. I felt like it was better to let nature take its course than to do something that would be worse if I did it badly.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Aminals
« Reply #688 on: July 08, 2015, 12:34:24 pm »

NOW YOU ARE A MAN, MY SON.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aminals
« Reply #689 on: July 08, 2015, 08:19:49 pm »

Update: he did it.

I'm giving the boy a can of Dr Pepper!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 72   Go Up