Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to fix my stereo  (Read 6323 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to fix my stereo
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 08:14:35 pm »

I get the impression that there is some sort of fundamental view of the world in which we differ.  You don't perchance believe that being poor/unemployed/homeless is generally the fault of the person who is poor/unemployed/homeless?  A sort of character flaw?  Laziness?  I was recently on a road trip with a girl from Hungary who believed this.  Maybe ju and her are amigos?
Yes. Coincidentally, I also share Hungarian pedigree. What a cold and heartless lot we are.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linear

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 95
  • Ah keep em cees lookin out
    • View Profile
    • This must be included if you specify a URL below.
Re: Trying to fix my stereo
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 06:54:33 am »

[banner]thanks for unbanning me TOUMB[/banner]

actually, it was just how i felt about that reply.  i avoid your opinions if i can help it.

okay see your sentence is all wrong here

"actually" indicates disagreement with what you are replying to.  but then you go on in your next sentence to make a statement which pretty much agrees with / confirms what you are replying to.

and, so, it's, it's just, it's not right, the flow of the ideas and logic.  It's too much dissonance.  It's beyond syncopation and it's dissonance.  Like when not one but two universal joints are worn on the same axle, and a harmonic resonance sets in, and the whole car feels like it's going to bust apart.  That's what it felt like in my brain when I read your reply.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so harshly critical of your use of language.  A person's use of language is sort of like being overweight or having a learning disability or subscribing to the wrong religion.  It's not something they can control.  And even if they can control it, why should they, after all, it's part of their identity, who they are, and we should strive to accept, not reject, we should embrace diversity, not force everything into a mould. 

(note, the above is tongue in cheek)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to fix my stereo
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 02:31:27 pm »

[banner]thanks for unbanning me TOUMB[/banner]


You weren't banned.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Trying to fix my stereo
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 04:04:55 pm »

we dont need no steenkeen correck grammar
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

linear

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 95
  • Ah keep em cees lookin out
    • View Profile
    • This must be included if you specify a URL below.
Re: Trying to fix my stereo
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 05:49:33 pm »

You weren't banned.

everytime I would come to TOUAMB it would say "sorry linear you have been banned from using this forum" and it would not let me see anything it would not even give me help menu or anything.  I took that to mean my account was banned.  the grammar was pretty clear on that one.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to fix my stereo
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 06:20:56 pm »

everytime I would come to TOUAMB it would say "sorry linear you have been banned from using this forum" and it would not let me see anything it would not even give me help menu or anything.  I took that to mean my account was banned.  the grammar was pretty clear on that one.

When was this?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to fix my stereo
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 06:58:00 pm »

Probably when he was posting as Mr. Wonderful
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linear

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 95
  • Ah keep em cees lookin out
    • View Profile
    • This must be included if you specify a URL below.
Re: Trying to fix my stereo
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 05:22:14 am »

When was this?

Between June 6th in the PM and June 9th at 06:54:33 AM.
I became unbanned a couple of days after I requested unbanning on the assetbar message board.
re: posting as mr winderful I never log in with other accounts other than my current account, until it eventually gets banned, then I create a new account.  I'm glad I don't have to create a new account I really like this one it's the best account in all of TOUAMB.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Trying to fix my stereo
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 06:37:01 am »

im glad you found a construct that works for you, jack.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up