Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Poll

Should I just go to the freaking Doctor already?

No, lingering suffering is amusing.
- 4 (26.7%)
Yes, gory medical stuff is amusing.
- 6 (40%)
Asherdan's death is even more amusing.
- 2 (13.3%)
Why not ask the inter-webs?
- 1 (6.7%)
re-cock-u-lous final whacky option!
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: June 14, 2010, 04:41:05 pm


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?  (Read 10593 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

schnitzelbank

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 07:26:22 am »

The chance of shenanigans driven by newly pokey bits in your insides, though it may be small, should prompt a visit to the doctor. Better safe than sorry, as others have said. 
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 12:27:18 pm »

I might just be keeping my future profession afloat here, but I'd say go, if only to get an x-ray but then I worry about that kind of thing. On the outside chance that you cracked a vertebrae or something, it's worth knowing about. Or as Judy says you might have something that needs a bit of physio and is better dealt with earlier rather than later.
That said, probably just broken ribs and if they were poking into anything you'd probably know about it by now. Definitely go if anything changes though, start running a fever etc.

Oh and Judy gets a can from one socialist commonwealth to another. It took me halfway down the thread to realise you guys were all saying you might not go to the doctor because it would cost money.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 12:05:08 pm »

As someone who doesn't have insurance due to freelancing I say what the fuck are you fencesitting about grab a book and sit in the waiting room you fuck*ng leotard.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 10:55:56 pm »

As someone who doesn't have insurance due to freelancing I say what the fuck are you fencesitting about grab a book and sit in the waiting room you fuck*ng leotard.

Cann'd for reading Savage Love.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 03:24:37 am »

I listen to the podcast, it has filled the Loveline-shaped hole in my heart.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 05:41:41 pm »

As a Canadian, I basically do not understand why you wouldn't go to a doctor.  But then, I can go to a doctor for no reason whenever I want to for free.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 02:04:18 am »

Look at us free healthcare lot rubbing it in. Sorry Ash. Do not go to the doctor if you think it's not worth it.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 02:21:44 am »

Yeah you guys keep having fun titrating cost against being alive and healthy.

Does freedom smell like gangrene?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 03:20:41 am »

"Life is a bitch.  Buy bandaids." <----- that is what freedom smells like to me.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 09:26:09 pm »

I listen to the podcast, it has filled the Loveline-shaped hole in my heart.

My ladyfriend listens to Loveline when she works nights.   She has explained to me that every call boils down to "Who touched you?  Dad?  Uncle?  Cousin?"

Quote from: Loveline
Caller: Hey Striker, Hey Drew... I'm calling because I'm 16, and I love my boyfriend very much and we want to be safe, so I'm looking for some safer sex resources in my...

Drew: Who touched you, caller?

Caller: M...my dad.

Drew: Caller, you're going to need to get in touch with some groups in your area, therapy is going to be the only way to deal with this...
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 10:26:49 pm »

As someone who doesn't have insurance due to freelancing I say what the fuck are you fencesitting about grab a book and sit in the waiting room you fuck*ng leotard.
These guys were kind of a big deal when I was in NYC: http://www.freelancersunion.org/
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 10:55:50 pm »

Are you saying a freelancer can get HMO coverage for $90 a month? If so, things sure have changed since the last time we didn't have employer health coverage a few years ago. It was about ten times that as I recall.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 12:09:03 am »

That must just be in California. I just checked their website and the cheapest plan I could get in my state is 175 a month for an individual with an 8000 deductable.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 12:55:11 am »

They don't offer insurance in my area :(

I'm on a waiting list for a Maryland State plan, but it takes a while to get into. I've tried to get into a traditional private plan but the costs are a bit crazy due to pre-existing conditions.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 12:59:58 am »

Counting family plans per head is not going to stack up with individual  plans, me thinks. Especially not a family plan from 2007.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up