Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck summer  (Read 19877 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Fuck summer
« on: June 29, 2010, 02:34:22 am »

I fuckin hate summer in New York, this summer has clearly reminded me why I spent months looking to move away.  Most of the streets in this city literally smell like a huge pile of shit.  One time last year I was walking home to Queens from Brooklyn.  One block smelled like pure fresh shit.  The next block was absolute sewage.  The next block?  You guessed it.  Piss.  You go into the city in summer and every street is covered with liquid leaking out of piles of garbage bags.  EVERY STREET IN MANHATTAN SMELLS LIKE ROTTING TRASH ALL SUMMER.  It makes me so mad, this is the dirtiest metropolis in the world and it must be the worst smelling.  I really can't guage if the beautiful autumns really make up for the hellish shithole of a summer.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 02:46:23 am »

all the public fountains in St Louis smell like sea world.

i put my feet in one of them, and now all I can think is, my feet are covered in 100000 little kids/hobo's piss.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 02:53:12 am »

i am uncomfortable in temperatures higher than 75 degrees, but at least here in nowheresville, there is a lot of nature to enjoy.  also, there are lots of positive aspects to the small town vibe.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 03:10:38 am »

Wow, when other people's descriptions of cities make Baltimore seem clean by comparison...

I just don't know. Say what you will about the tragic heroin problem, our absurd murder rate per capita, the horribly polluted harbor, at least the streets don't smell like piss and shit and garbage.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 03:14:53 am by Mr Trout »
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 03:13:48 am »

Yeah, fuck summer in the eye.

My office building is right next to an outdoor mall. At the mall there is a fountain, which is kind of like a trailer trash version of the Bellagio fountain in Vegas. Like I'm pretty sure the only songs ever played are a Celine Dion song and an annoying-as-shit patriotic county song. And of course it's much smaller. Anyway, during the summer dozens and dozens of obnoxious little kids run around and scream in that fuck*ng fountain. Every time I have to walk by I want to stab my fuck*ng ears with syringes. And then of course the parents let their goddamn kids run around the fuck*ng mall so you have to dodge the little slimy fuck*ng creatures. For fuck's sake, buy a fuck*ng membership at a fuck*ng pool. Jesus.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 03:40:27 am »

oh, the kids swimming in the fountains in downtown STL were all cute. It was really charming, actually.

It was just the smell that was so weird and bad.

our refrigerator sucks and all of my food keeps going bad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 03:44:12 am »

I fuckin hate summer in New York, this summer has clearly reminded me why I spent months looking to move away.  Most of the streets in this city literally smell like a huge pile of shit.  One time last year I was walking home to Queens from Brooklyn.  One block smelled like pure fresh shit.  The next block was absolute sewage.  The next block?  You guessed it.  Piss.  You go into the city in summer and every street is covered with liquid leaking out of piles of garbage bags.  EVERY STREET IN MANHATTAN SMELLS LIKE ROTTING TRASH ALL SUMMER.  It makes me so mad, this is the dirtiest metropolis in the world and it must be the worst smelling.  I really can't guage if the beautiful autumns really make up for the hellish shithole of a summer.

Well at least they keep the shit, piss and absolute sewage segregated.  Heh heh.

Wow, when other people's descriptions of cities make Baltimore seem clean by comparison...

Yeah, I know man, Houston must be paradise.

i am uncomfortable in temperatures higher than 75 degrees, but at least here in nowheresville, there is a lot of nature to enjoy.  also, there are lots of positive aspects to the small town vibe.

I guess there's pros and cons no matter were you live.

all the public fountains in St Louis smell like sea world.

Yeah, we've got one of those dancing waters fountains in the big park here.  The little kids use it by day the the bums use it at night.  They have so much chlorine in that thing it's pretty ridiculous.

I was at a concert in the park Saturday night and occasionally I could smell the chlorine come wafting by all the way over to the amphitheater maybe 100 yards away.  So if your fountain is anything like that fountain I wouldn't be worried about germs.

Anyway, during the summer dozens and dozens of obnoxious little kids run around and scream in that fuck*ng fountain. Every time I have to walk by I want to stab my fuck*ng ears with syringes. And then of course the parents let their goddamn kids run around the fuck*ng mall so you have to dodge the little slimy fuck*ng creatures. For fuck's sake, buy a fuck*ng membership at a fuck*ng pool. Jesus.

Yeah, how dare those fuck*ng kids enjoy themselves.

Anyway, I love the summer.  I went to a pool party yesterday.  A couple of weeks ago I got invited to a beach house for the weekend.  That sort of thing just doesn't happen in February.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 04:02:42 am »

oh, yeah, I meant to come here to post:

in the summer you can sit out on your porch with cold beers, put your feet in the fountain, stay up until 3 every night playing Diablo 2 or Settlers of Catan because you haven't found a job yet...

ok, maybe that last one is just me/my friends.

Paris has ruined me forever, because now all I want in life is to sit in parks drinking beer. Why can't I drink a beer in a park?

The B-52's are playing on the 4th of july for free at the Arch, and I just don't know. that seems like a prime time for drinking some beers with friends.

people in St Louis shoot off so many fireworks. It is really strange. Maybe Charlotte is the place that's strange, because none of my friends agree that it's weird.

also: tons of my friends are moving to Baltimore right now. Med school, law school, moving along with SO who is going to med school... it is where the largest number of my friends will be other than here.
Although there are a lot in NYC as well.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 04:12:34 am »

Yeah, how dare those fuck*ng kids enjoy themselves.

Sure, I could have a better attitude about it. But, I'm at work and I hate my job and the last thing I want to deal with is some wet kid running into me. And it's hot outside. Once I'm off work, I'm pretty OK with summer.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 12:13:37 pm »

Fireflies. We are having the most amazing firefly season.

But soon it will be over and yeah, fuck summer so hard. It's been REALLY hot for the end of June. The pugs hate me because it's too hot to go out. They seem to assume that I could change the weather if I wanted. And they have a point. Why don't I put them in the car and drive north till it's cool enough to go for a walk? We might not be able to stop till we got to Canada, but that wouldn't bother them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 02:19:08 pm »

Welp, everyone's entitled to their opinion.  I'm with Paul, summer is awesome.  Yeah, it's hotter than fuck, but that's what pools and sprinklers and A/C are for.  I like cookin' on the grill and tending my garden.  I like baseball.  I'm going to the beach next week.  FUCK and YES.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 05:17:12 pm »

Put me in the pro-summer camp.

This has been an exceptionally warm one, though.  And warm much earlier than usual.  Stuff is maturing and blooming a couple of weeks early.  The whole "Corn knee-high by the fourth of July" - deal, for instance.  It's 6 - 7 feet tall already.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 05:22:52 pm »

I like baseball. 

Oh yeah, I got invited to a baseball game last week.  That's definitely a fun summertime event.  If I could afford it I'd do that a lot more often.  

Put me in the pro-summer camp.

If it weren't for summer I would have never been able to take this picture.

I think this sums up my feelings on summer quite nicely.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 05:34:29 pm »

There's something to like about any season - but there's nothing to dislike about summer, IMO.  Well, my wife is cranky because of the heat - but that's not Summer's fault.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 06:28:50 pm »

But see, here's what cruel about summer. You look forward to it all winter and expect to be able to do all this fun stuff. But then, at least where I live, it's so hot and humid that it's totally miserable to go outdoors and do any of the stuff you imagined.

Oh sure, if you're in Southern California it's fun. But come on over and experience one of our days of like 200% humidity and you might understand why it's not quite the same for the New Yorkers etc.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up