Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck summer  (Read 19833 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 06:58:08 pm »

Oh sure, if you're in Southern California it's fun. But come on over and experience one of our days of like 200% humidity and you might understand why it's not quite the same for the New Yorkers etc.

Oh give me a break.  You're talking to the Houston Kid here.  Don't try to tell me about heat and humidity.  And I've been in NYC in August and by comparison to Houston it's not bad at all.  I found it quite pleasant in fact.  One particular evening I even regretted that I didn't have a jacket to wear.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 07:03:00 pm »

I think people who live in the South must really be genetically different. The only possible explanation is that their bodies have evolved to handle heat differently.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 07:29:39 pm »

I don't really have anything to add. I just wanted to go on the record as being firmly in the "Fuck you, Summer, Screw you" camp.

It was so hot outside this afternoon that it took longer for my washing machine to wash a load than it took about half the stuff on the clothesline to dry.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 08:06:27 pm »

As I am in a place with Humidity again, I understand this sentiment.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 08:17:52 pm »

Oh yeah, I got invited to a baseball game last week.  That's definitely a fun summertime event.  If I could afford it I'd do that a lot more often.  

Are there any minor league teams near you?  Cheaper tickets, and you don't have to pay $8 for a beer.  Kind of a different feel but still a blast.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 08:23:18 pm »

They don't allow aluminum bats do they?  Nothing ruins a baseball game for me faster than hearing a piiiiingggg.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 08:28:18 pm »

No, minor league teams use wooden bats.

College teams are the highest level that I know of that uses aluminum.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 09:16:10 pm »

which reminds me: NorCal in the summer is the best. cool in the morning, warmer in the day... it is like permanent spring/fall. Would wake up early, walk to class in a light jacket, then get out of class to find it all sunny and perfect, with the mountains all around, cute california girls skateboarding... oh man.
oh man.

The amount of time I spend thinking about how much I want to live there is maybe unhealthy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 10:44:08 pm »

One time I left Stockton in shorts and a t-shirt (98/98 remember) at 9 AM and picked up the crew on the way to CandleCrotch for a nooner. It was 58 and blowing when we got there at noon and the game went 14 innings before Mitchell rapped one off the right-center wall and then Will the Thrill smoked one out to center to end it. By that time my jacket and pant-leg-less self was fuck*ng blue.

The Bay...only place I know of the homeless die of exposure in July. Loved it.

Yeah, I went out west last summer for an artcar thing.  At the afterparty in this parking lot in Seattle it started getting chilly and everyone starts pulling out jackets and blankets and stuff.  Meanwhile I am freezing my ass off in my shorts and short sleeve tshirt.  Everybody was like "don't you have a jacket?"  It's fuck*ng June for fucks sake, I didn't pack a jacket.  It got down into the low 40s.

I got pretty chilled in SF too.  The next day I was in Fresno and it was 105.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 08:31:21 pm »

They don't allow aluminum bats do they?  Nothing ruins a baseball game for me faster than hearing a piiiiingggg bink.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 12:39:01 am »

I really hate being hot. I am in Denver right now and it's fuck*ng miserable. It is so bright and so hot that my eyes burn when I go outside. I have to run the A/C full blast in the rental car. I don't know if they are classified as panic attacks from the traffic, but the heart palpitations are back and they really fuck*ng suck. My doc gave me benzos for it, which I refuse to take, so I don't even have them here anyway.

One of my friends keeps asking me when I will move back to Denver. The answer is "fuck*ng never". It doesn't even feel like vacation. It feels like a huge string of shitty obligation after shitty obligation, strung together with long 2-hour bouts of panic-inducing traffic in suffocating desert-like heat to get anywhere. I cannot wait to go to San Diego where I will be in a fabulous hotel for a solid week, not have to drive, and will get to walk around downtown where it's warm and not unreasonably hot. Then I will get to go home. Fuck this noise, I'm not even coming back here next year. I will go someplace fuck*ng enjoyable instead.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 02:33:53 am »

I've never been to Denver, but I do remember PBS telling me that their highways suck. And I know it does tend to get pretty hot sometimes in some of those inland areas, no matter how many miles high they are.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 06:54:17 am »

I spent four days in a late spring in Denver and on one afternoon it rained, snowed, and the sun came out to 80 degrees all within like two hours.

I want to spend a New Years up in Canada, because in my mind, to feel like New Years, it has to be cold as fuck.

Gotta getta passport.
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 12:21:32 pm »

Man, whatever, today was the nicest, mildest day in Denver all summer.  It was fuck*ng perfect except for the heavy rain there for a bit.  Also, traffic?  WTF?  Live in the west or Downton (ftw) areas, ain't no traffic.  If you're by 225 you aren't in Denver anymore.  That's Kansas.  Also stop in at one of our thousand dispensaries and chill the fuck out.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2010, 05:15:26 pm »

Denver is a beautiful city.  I have memories.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up