Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck summer  (Read 19929 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2010, 01:13:34 pm »

I wonder what that grease spill on U St is going to smell like once it hits 100 degrees outside...
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 02:59:59 pm »

Ash, PLEASE come and get ours. You are welcome to it.

I am beginning to worry that this is one of those years that I am going to spend the whole summer with a sick headache.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 03:04:45 pm »

The stress on the power grid is hitting red levels here in the north east. According to an interview with the local power company CEO, the only reason it hasn't popped into blackout is because the industrial recession has decreased energy demand.
Was this mentioned in the 'daily things that piss me off thread': People who hate A/C and complain that it is making things comfortable for everyone else.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 03:10:45 pm »

I actually do hate AC, I feel it will be soon enough to be refrigerated when I am dead. But sometimes it is clearly the lesser of two evils.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 03:12:04 pm »

Look kids, I <3 Summer.

For work on Monday I was standing outside a homeless shelter that smelled of pee with a bunch of intoxicated people, in the direct sun, helping a young couple move out of the shelter and into their home (yay!).  I was wearing a sundress and it was just so nice to feel the warmth on my skin.  I suppose only getting 3 months of warmth helps one appreciate it.  It was 86F, which is not so bad , but I was hauling boxes.  Also I like to sweat.  Also I have an air conditioned home, workplace and vehicle (all of which I prefer not to use too much), so the time spent in the hot is minimal and usually for enjoyment.  

I do remember the days in our disgusting rental unit, trying to sleep in the hot humidity, and it was just gross.  I remember getting furious when my husband would try to even sort of touch me.  Hot sticky skin on skin is so not my thing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 03:29:44 pm »

I'll take DC's stinky gingko trees over NY sidewalks any day. 
Then I guess you didn't go to wash sq park, which is perpetually wreaking of ginkgo.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2010, 06:38:12 pm »

I've been holed up in my apartment working on projects for the past few days, but I rode my bike around the city today to run some errands and goddamn is it tough to stay hydrated. I must have gone through close to a gallon of water in a couple hours and I swear it all immediately came right back out my pores.

Not complaining though. I love the heat! Not when it is radiating off the cars at stoplights though. That is a bit much.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2010, 08:24:24 pm »

Should I buy a kiddie wading pool and lie in the backyard in it? Or should I just stay indoors and turn down the AC till it feels like a morgue?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2010, 10:55:57 pm »

But seriously: I have people on Facebook telling me they set their AC at 72 degrees. I wonder what would happen if I did that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2010, 11:46:23 pm »

72 is kind of nuts. I have mine set to 86-88 because my workstation will start crashing from the heat if I let it get any warmer. I really wish I was on the first floor 'cause this stone building keeps it nice and cool down there.

I've been real tempted to sleep on my roof lately.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2010, 12:06:25 am »

Are you people in the twilight zone!?!?  The highest temperature our AC's go up to is like 72.  The standard is like 66-60.

They're pretty old though, and are mostly shot, but still.  At 72, they would probably shut off.
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2010, 12:08:24 am »

Seriously? The lowest we ever set ours is 80. I have no idea what relationship there is between that and the actual temperature of the house, of course, it might be only a very rough correlation.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 12:13:40 am »

I have a really old analogue thermostat though. If it was a digital one it might not go that high. Plus keeping it on the warm side means my lady will almost immediately shed clothing when she comes over.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 12:34:11 am »

I am talking thermostat setting.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2010, 01:50:08 am »

It's 75 in my condo right now. I love "all utilities included"
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up