Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck summer  (Read 19917 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2010, 03:16:46 pm »

I managed to spend a whole week at the beach without getting significantly sunburned. Then I went to the ballpark yesterday and got sunburned as fuck, but only only the left side of my body.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2010, 07:19:58 pm »

I spent the day at the beach, in an area where there are dunes, and I had a little private alcove for me and the pup.  The dog didn't like to get into the lake because the water was pretty rough on the shore, but there were some run off ponds that I would take him into to cool off. 

In other news, apparently it is not cool to take your dog to the local beach, or rather there is one part of the lake where dogs aren't allowed because there is a patrol, then there is another part of the same lake where they are allowed.  I don't understand this because everyone's kids are pissing and shitting up a storm in saggy oozy bottoms, right in the lake ,  but apparently my dog, who pisses far away from the water on trees, and shits in the bushes (which I bag), is somehow unwelcome.

In still other news, apparently having a teenager tell me to move along to some other area after carrying all my gear up over the super steep 12 ft dunes on a hot day makes me ornery to the point where I got in my vehicle and pouted for a bit, considering going home.  Then I bought a slushie and convinced myself to go to the dog-friendly area, which turned out to be nicer anyway.  I told myself I didn't drive an hour and a half just to have an annoying beach patrol teen ruin my day.  Lazing with the pup in the sun, along with a good book was pretty rad in the end.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2010, 09:23:57 pm »

"Don't be a dumbass and get your hair buzzed off in the morning and then spend the day in the sun. Formerly covered bits will sizzle."

Fuzzy tomato-head fist bump.

Took the kid to a water park.  Plenty of sunscreen on her and me - except for the part most exposed to the sun following morning haircuts...

Edit: Good God, are those liver spots?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2010, 09:28:20 pm »

I have given up on haircuts for a while.

I don't have much longer because I start going bald and/or gray so I'm just growing this shit out while I still can.

ALSO: I don't feel respectable so why look the part?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2010, 10:23:28 pm »

on the other hand, I may have finally realized that I feel a lot better when I have short, neat hair.

As much as I want to pull off the "shaggy indie rock whatever" look, it just makes my head look huge.

On the other hand, girls seem to like that look.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2010, 12:46:43 am »


Edit: Good God, are those liver spots?

Just wait til' you get 'em on your gotdang hands!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2010, 03:40:23 pm »

just when I get used to one aspect of summer, another one comes along.
I don't remember it being this dark and still a few weeks ago. Went to a free music thing in the Botanical Gardens. Even after the sun went down, it was 1000000 degrees, humid, and windless. It is like being covered in a blanket.

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2010, 03:51:19 pm »

which reminds me:
in an AC-less house, you're supposed to have windows closed during the day, but open at night, right? Bring in cool air at night, then trap it inside?
I feel like having windows open in the middle of the day just means hot outside air is coming in.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2010, 04:26:43 pm »

Did that ever work Wombles?

Because we touched 40d* yesterday and are looking at staying there for a while so I'm hoping the hilltop wishing thing worked out for you.

It worked for a while, but today and tomorrow are going to be scorchers. Maybe you better go for another ride.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2010, 04:53:39 pm »

I cannot imagine not having A/C at this point in my life. When I was 17 I spent the summer in an un-air-conditioned dorm in Winston-Salem, and it was abject misery. But then, the lows at night during that record-setting summer were in the mid-80s, so it never really cooled off and it never. once. rained.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2010, 05:22:06 pm »

I have AC in my room, but I'm trying to use it as little as possible. I normally use it at night, and set it to "fan" when I'm in my room during the day.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2010, 12:32:04 am »

I have a no a/c apt.  It is whatever during the day, but we are having that same hot as fuck at night thing.  It should be cold when you sleep.  That should be a rule.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2010, 04:46:09 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2010, 05:18:00 am »

Annnnnnd Canada and America fuckin' turns this thread around to the OTHER meaning applicable to the phrase "fuck summer".

Well-done. Organically developed to that point, too, not at all forced.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2010, 02:38:24 pm »

Ha ha... who would of thought Canada would be a top in this situation?

Also - we've had our second wet soggy summer in a row 'round my neck of the woods, which equals fleas all around, which equals my dog has fleas, which equals housework X1000000, which equals "fuck summer."
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up