Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck summer  (Read 19807 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2010, 04:17:28 pm »

I almost forgot that while we're bitching about the heat, Doc's in the dead of winter.

I have an idea -- let's have a TOUAMB convention in Queensland next July! 68F sounds lovely about now.

Brilliant.

Somehow I met two blokes from Melbourne last night.  We didn't talk weather none, but if there was some snow on the ground right now, my slight hangover would be cured.
Logged
ACHIEVE

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2010, 08:21:28 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2010, 08:40:45 pm »

I love There, I Fixed it.  Some of their articles have me in stitches.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2010, 08:13:06 am »

I tried a similar thing with the heater core of my dodge caravan.  When I removed the dash, the core was just sitting there.  So I put a 12 volt fan on it.  Well, that didn't work. 

in other news, my thermometer at work said it was 97 today.  I grabbed an expensive and calibrated fluke pyrometer we use for checking the temp of parts that come out of the oven, and it said that my thermometer was 100 degrees.  So, the actual temp was somewhere in there.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2010, 08:19:18 pm »

it would be nice if the humidity dropped below 57% so i wouldn't have to do something drastic.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2010, 03:50:24 am »

you could just get a dehumidifier.  I'm very satisfied with my Lowes special.  It has a digital thermostat.  It seems to turn on and off in a more calculated way.  I dislike electronic shit because it can and will eventually break, whereas an analog control will last forever and can be easily repaired if it breaks... but the superior performance of the electronic control heuristics are certainly nothing to sneeze at when it comes to dehumidifiers.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2010, 04:04:14 am »

Only 57%? It's been over 80% here.

How humid is that? It's so humid that every time I go outside, my glasses fog up immediately, and I have to wipe them twice just to get from my front door to my car.

That's humid.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2010, 12:03:58 pm »

Only 57%? It's been over 80% here.

it's not been below 80% for ya'll? damn, that _is_ humid.


you could just get a dehumidifier.

yeah, i'm sure that would clear up that pesky humidity problem in no time.  what size do you recommend for clearing up an entire geographical region, or do you think i should just check in with my local lowe's sales associate?


in local news, "posting an absurd request of the universe onto the interweb" once again worked better than blood sacrifice when humidity levels indicated on my front porch dipped to 55% yesterday.

hooray for a kind and loving universe who only listens if there is an rss feed.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2010, 01:31:16 pm »

Yeah, today's the first day in about a month when the humidity hasn't been over 95%.  Sucks.

Hey Ark!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2010, 01:41:01 pm »

Yeah, today's the first day in about a month when the humidity hasn't been over 95%.  Sucks.

Hey Ark!

hey dude.

i know, i left the house and was flabbergasted that it was nice out.  what the fuck am l supposed to do now? be happy and enjoy a breeze?

stupid weather.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2010, 07:36:58 pm »

yeah, it is pretty damn nice out here, too.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2010, 08:00:27 pm »

I've got hella chubbs thinking about New York autumn.  I'm gonna be jogging and biking at 5am (before going to sleep).  Bike over all the NY bridges on windy evenings.  Playing football and soccer over hell of evenings.  Crunching leaves all day.  Plus fall is the most fashionable season.  I can finally whip out all the sexy clothes I've bought since like Christmas.

Also I got to pass my tests and get a job, so hopefully the fall-energy can help me with that.

Is so good.
Logged
ACHIEVE

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2010, 12:46:27 am »

That sounds like a September job to me.  Pool open at least two more weeks here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2010, 12:55:54 am »

Welp, it looks like the worst of the hot weather is behind us for another year and it seems we all survived.

Oh well, nothing but a luxuriously mild east Texas winter ahead. *sigh*
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Fuck summer
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2010, 01:08:08 am »

that is a fine ce-ment pond, asherdan.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up