Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)  (Read 12866 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2003, 11:21:35 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
I hadn't been born in 1978 either but I've heard of Rocky Balboa,


I was born in 1978 - I thought that being 25 would be a cool age for the kid's, I thought I was still hip.  

*sound of air deflating from my ego*

Sigh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2003, 11:26:33 pm »

Actually, Rocky was released in 1976, and won best picture that year.

And deserved it.

And incidentally, most of the male Adrian's I've met have been of eastern european or of Russian descent.

And yes, if you were to introduce yourself to people in Philly they really would say "Yo, Adrian" but not because of the movie.  They really talk like that here (but generally only in South Philly, a predominantly Italian community known for having the best restaurants in the city, or possibly the whole Eastern Mid-Atlantic).

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2003, 11:30:42 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"
I took it to mean that an ice machine would be in great demand....

IN HELL


Congratulations Jough. I think you win the prize.
I mean, when you think about it...


Harumph.  That was clearly implied first in my post yet he gets the prize.

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Quote from: "pmcd9"

tump over


Apologies if this has been gone over somewhere else, but I'm linguistically curious -- do you live or were you raised in the South?


Texas to be precise.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2003, 11:56:53 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Harumph.  That was clearly implied first in my post yet he gets the prize.


Don't be bitter, Paul. I've done a little looking, and as it turns out there are lots and lots of prizes just waiting to be won on this Great Big Internet of Ours.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2003, 11:58:23 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Actually, Rocky was released in 1976, and won best picture that year.


My mistake.

Quote from: "jough"
And deserved it.


Agreed wholeheartedly.

Quote from: "jough"
And incidentally, most of the male Adrian's I've met have been of eastern european or of Russian descent.


I am of hispanic descent.  The name Pedro seems unlikely because I am ostensibly white.  The name Adrian seems equally unlikely because I was born and raised in what used to be Bumpkinville, The South (and is now Yuppieville, The Future) with all the Brians, Jeffs, Matts, and Mikes you could shake a stick at.

Quote from: "jough"
And yes, if you were to introduce yourself to people in Philly they really would say "Yo, Adrian" but not because of the movie.  They really talk like that here (but generally only in South Philly, a predominantly Italian community known for having the best restaurants in the city, or possibly the whole Eastern Mid-Atlantic).


I West Philly, they would call me "Fresh".
Logged

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2003, 12:12:46 am »

I am still in Bumpkinville, The South, named Matt, and have tumped over on several occasions. In fact, I feel a tump coming on right now.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2003, 02:01:02 am »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"



Just before saying I hadn't been born in 1978 either



I'm shaking my fist, weeping and doddering away on my walker now.  

STAY OFF MY LAWN!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2003, 06:19:47 am »

I guess I won't ask anyone where they were when Kennedy was shot, since most of them will reply "You mean the MTV VJ Kennedy was shot?  It's about damn time."

Or are you kids too young to remember an obnoxious yet oddly hot MTV-Jay named simply "Kennedy".

Or are you all so young as to not remember when MTV played music videos?

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2003, 02:28:26 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Or are you all so young as to not remember when MTV played music videos?


There were only short bursts during my life in which one of the cables plugged into my television ultimately led to Ted Turner, and I am not currently enjoying one of them.  I'm not old, but it could be said that I'm living in the past.

I do remember the first Al TV though.  That's got to count for something.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2003, 02:35:41 pm »

Boy, you remember when MTV played videos?  And now they don't play videos anymore!  No videos!  None!  They call themselves "Music Television," but they don't play any music videos anymore.  Videos were so cool.  And now they don't play them.


If I had a quarter for every time someone pointed this out, I could set up my own damn music video station.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2003, 02:46:27 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Or are you kids too young to remember an obnoxious yet oddly hot MTV-Jay named simply "Kennedy".


Hate for Kennedy seems to be near universal, but I was always a big fan.  She used to be an intern at the radio station I listened to in high school, and occasionally talked on the air.  She was then called "The Virgin Kennedy".  

I still watch Friend or Foe (occasionally) on Game Show network just to see her.  It's not a bad game show, either.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2003, 03:38:13 pm »

And isn't it a shame about Martha Quinn and her troubles with the SEC over insider trading.

What?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2003, 04:34:28 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Or are you kids too young to remember an obnoxious yet oddly hot MTV-Jay named simply "Kennedy".


i remember an obnoxious vj named kennedy yes, but can't seem to recall anything about her being hot in any way . . .
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2003, 05:37:15 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Boy, you remember when MTV played videos?  And now they don't play videos anymore!  


Yes.  I remember the breathless anticipation that gripped the VJs leading up to the World Premiere Video of Loverboy's "Hot Girls in Love." And then that would lead into an Ultravox video.  Good times.

Now it's pretty much Lifetime Cable Television For Horny Teenagers.

Long live April Wine.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
No retard should pay to eat (Dec. 16)
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2003, 10:54:51 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"

Hate for Kennedy seems to be near universal, but I was always a big fan.  She used to be an intern at the radio station I listened to in high school, and occasionally talked on the air.  She was then called "The Virgin Kennedy".  

I find this an oddly charming image, or perhaps I just like the title "The Virgin Kennedy."

Anyway, this thread reminded me today of the time when, on a high school trip, I once found an infamously-stonerish friend of mine staring at the ice machine and repeating "Ice." in an extremely baked monotone. Both he and the machine were on tilt, I suppose. (Of course, this was the same trip when one girl managed to smoke up our entire floor of the hotel, and another friend of mine went spontaneously paranoid during a Hearts game -- in retrospect, we may have actually been in Hell. Or at least in western Nebraska.)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up