Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's Place July 7 2010  (Read 3648 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Ray's Place July 7 2010
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:47:11 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php

That Onstad, he is an unpredictable fellow.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:23:15 pm »

What in the fuck
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 11:53:43 pm »

Yes! Great return to form. Now I've gotta come up with some questions to send in before he sees something shiny and gets distracted again.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 03:08:22 am »

He's giving us a taste of it without charge, I suppose.

"Loss leader" and all that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 03:42:42 am »

Dammit, it's less than a magazine per month. Maybe I oughta go back over there and start reading again. I do feel obligated to help support The Achewood Cause in some way, however small.

...wait. I paid for my cookbook almost a whole year ago, and it's still not here.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 12:11:56 pm »

I wonder if he thought that taking pre-orders would inspire him to finish instead of rewriting the thing another hundred times. It was worth a try.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 01:21:17 pm »

I'd forgotten I bought the cookbook. I do constantly get e-mails from Amazon about the release date for Volume III changing.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 01:28:03 pm »

I think the pre-orders were more of a thing to pay for the cost of printing the book. However, I thought he'd be shilling a lot harder if he was still short on funds or whatever. I guess he's making a tidy living and doesn't need to deliver a book that a few hundred people already bought and paid for, I guess? I'm kinda sad that it's been so freaking long and the book still hasn't been released.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 04:30:19 pm »

I think the pre-orders were more of a thing to pay for the cost of printing the book.

I think the book is being published by Dark hoss.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 04:57:43 pm »

In the store it says he was trying to take orders to know how many to print, and that they were supposed to be printed in mid june.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 06:55:26 pm »

I think the book is being published by Dark hoss.

Not the cookbook, though.

I have mentioned elsewhere that Onstad first promised me a new cookbook... let me check this again... in 2003. He was planning an "expanded" version that summer. Obviously the idea got out of hand.

The site now says that it will ship in mid June. Hmm, is that mid June of this year?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 07:02:15 pm »

I think that everyone that preordered the book should get together a class action lawsuit.  For compensation of damages you should demand a party.  Onstad will be required to cook recipes from his undelivered book.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 07:10:32 pm »

August! Write this letter to Onstad, now!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 10:52:42 pm »

I am a lawyer in Onstad's new state of Oregon.  I could certainly put a good scare into him for unlawful trade practices if I felt like being a cock to a stranger.  But I was brought up differently.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ray's Place July 7 2010
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 11:25:24 pm »

I am a lawyer in Onstad's new state of Oregon.  I could certainly put a good scare into him for unlawful trade practices if I felt like being a cock to a stranger.  But I was brought up differently.

Aw, come on! We want to have a party!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up