Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: George "The Boss" Steinbrenner is dead  (Read 1383 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
George "The Boss" Steinbrenner is dead
« on: July 13, 2010, 03:17:24 pm »

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/14/sports/baseball/14steinbrenner.html

A major legend in baseball. His legacy, however, may be is brute force business approach of paying for the best team he could buy. Fans loved him, other teams hated him.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: George "The Boss" Steinbrenner is dead
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 03:21:00 pm »

I think I liked him better than Harvey Pekar.
Logged
We must repeat!
Pages: [1]   Go Up