Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pale - Catastrophic Skies  (Read 1185 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Pale - Catastrophic Skies
« on: July 20, 2010, 02:42:19 pm »

Link

This is a video by an up and coming Houston band I had never heard of before yesterday.  They did this video shoot at The Silo or Kennywould as it's called depending on what scene you are in.  Some friends of mine, Ken and Belinda own Kennywould and another friend Big Beer did the pyro.

I'm not sure what I think of it.  My first impression was that it's a load of pretentious crap.  But the music kinda grabbed me.  Something about the singers voice intrigues me. 

The story is ridiculous.  Apparently independent artist and the record companies are at war and that is why they are holed up in this post apocalyptic compound. 

Did that dude actually refer to his guitar as his wife?

Anyway, what do you guys think?  It's crap isn't it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pale - Catastrophic Skies
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 02:53:32 pm »

It better be fuck*ng great if they expect me to watch nine and half minutes of it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Pale - Catastrophic Skies
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 05:09:53 pm »

Yeah, I think "pretentious crap" is a pretty accurate description.

I had it on in the background while I was getting ready to leave, and when the vocals started, it actually made me laugh.  When he sings full-volume though, his voice is actually pretty good, but the rest of that falsetto deserves a Simon Cowell critique.

But yeah, that was pretty silly.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Pale - Catastrophic Skies
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 05:36:34 pm »

i guess the video's production values are pretty impressive, but I do not like this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up