Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)  (Read 2766 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« on: December 18, 2003, 05:57:14 am »

Wow.

fuck*ng WOW.

Best. Trilogy. Ending. EVER.

And no fuck*ng Ewoks.

I'd also like to add that I'm ashamed of you so-called "geeks" for not starting a thread about the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King yet.  For shame, people.

V-Adore

  • Guest
FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 06:37:33 am »

I saw it tonight (thus explaining my long absence from the MB -- le sigh). I... was not entirely satisfied, but I'm a gigantic canon dork; overall, though, this was very good, and there were some points that were very nearly perfect. People should see it. Go, go!

(*ahem* Post #666. I feel odd about this.)
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 12:40:27 pm »

Not to nitpick, but the title of this thread is a spoiler.

This crazy girl at my work went to see it Tuesday night at midnight.  I'm gonna have to wait til the weekend.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 01:14:57 pm »

The title of this thread refers to subway graffiti c. 1978.  Not the film.

Get a grip, homey.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 01:57:46 pm »

Haven't seen it yet.  LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!  

I'm saving it, actually -- we'll be watching the trilogy, marathon-style, the day after Christmas with my brother and his wife.  Unfortunately we missed the theatrical re-release of the first two, so we'll be watching them on DVD before trundling off to the theatre, leaving "the kids" with my parents.  

SO exciting.  Particularly since my brother's not usually a geek*, and it's unusual for us to have something like this in common.  I will show him the ways!

*Correction: Brother is a geek, just a different kind of geek.  He's a high school math teacher.  He thinks Geometry is extremely awesome.  
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 02:36:45 pm »

For pmcd9:
Frodo DIES.  Dies horribly and painfully.

OK, now you have to see the movie to find out which one is true.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003, 05:37:52 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I'd also like to add that I'm ashamed of you so-called "geeks" for not starting a thread about the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King yet.  For shame, people.


How Much I Dislike The Matrix and Love LOTR

I was at the new Air & Space museum yesterday but that's got to be worth at least a few Geek Points.

Actually, the worst part is that I have to go back this weekend to get a present for my dad. Wombat, you got any mad-discount skillz over there?
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2003, 06:01:24 pm »

Well, I'm going to see it this weekend, when it comes out over here. Well, OK it comes out oh, this evening over here!
So yes, I'll probably go see it in the next coupla days.
Mind you, I only just got round to seeing Two Towers last weekend!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2003, 07:51:34 pm »

:disgusted:

V-Adore

  • Guest
FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2003, 11:02:01 pm »

I am rather ashamed of the fact that, despite being presumably several years younger than pmcd9*, and definitely born before 1978, I got the graffiti reference and he apparently did not. Go, V's Inner Dork.

Anyway, I won't spoil this one. At all. Not even the part where everyone totally dies.**


* Just a guess.
** Not an authentic spoiler
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2003, 12:52:41 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Anyway, I won't spoil this one. At all. Not even the part where everyone totally dies.**


* Just a guess.
** Not an authentic spoiler


But weren't you all totally shocked at the amount of canabalism?  I thought hobbits were gentle creatures.***

***don't be stupid, you can't possibly think I'm serious
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2003, 01:20:49 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"


Wombat, you got any mad-discount skillz over there?


Nah, not even for myself - my ID badge has expired, so no employee discount till I take yet a THIRD trip downtown to see if THIS time they have finally given me the right info about the paperwork I need to renew it... your federal government at work, sigh.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2003, 02:09:13 am »

Quote from: "side_show"

But weren't you all totally shocked at the amount of canabalism?  I thought hobbits were gentle creatures.***

***don't be stupid, you can't possibly think I'm serious

I dunno, I hear Jackson's saving the really hardcore stuff for the DVD cut.**** Keeps the MPAA rating down and all.

**** Well, he would have had he bothered to film the Scouring at all... but that was off-screen cannibalism, I suppose.*****
***** Really. And I really should be using something better than asterisks, but I'm lazy.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
FRODO LIVES! (No Spoilers)
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2003, 04:01:26 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I am rather ashamed of the fact that, despite being presumably several years younger than pmcd9, and definitely born before 1978, I got the graffiti reference and he apparently did not.


I never ride the subway.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up