Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Dress  (Read 41113 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2010, 06:43:53 pm »

So what are the 5 and 6 year olds supposed to do?
That's what this is for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5VUd7NCtjY   (nsfw audio)

Personally, I like watching Handy Manny and Mickey penis clubhouse in the morning with breakfast and Wow Wow Wubbzy in the evening just before bedtime stories and lights out.
I never would have guessed. Do you read your own bedtime stories or does someone read them to you?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 06:47:15 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2010, 07:04:07 pm »

In other news, I have a 50% off coupon good till Aug 1 at mens wearhouse if anyone wants it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2010, 07:07:47 pm »

Quote from: jay-ell
they're commensurate with the changes in our educational system that now involve kids having homework in Kindergarten.

Okay.

We've finally solved the case of The Saddest Thing, then.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2010, 07:21:55 pm »

My 8 year old still watches preschool TV.  Since she's otherwise socially well adjusted I don't have much of a problem with this.  If she's still doing it in high school I might begin to wonder.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2010, 01:37:34 am »

Speaking of age-inappropriate television, does anyone else watch Adventure Time? It's a cartoon about a boy and his magical dog, and they live in a whimsical world doing battle with monsters and zombies and witches. You can tell the creator has played a lot of DnD in his day.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2010, 02:00:39 am »

the original Adventure Time! short is one of my favorite things. I have not seen the new show.

except this

last night we watched the entire first season of Tim and Eric. So good. No nightmares, which was a pleasant surprise.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2010, 03:21:52 am »

the original Adventure Time! short is one of my favorite things.

Yeah!  But the two new ones I've seen didn't impress me the way the original did.  I'll give it another shot or two...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2010, 04:06:06 am »

So what are the 5 and 6 year olds supposed to do?

Between the Lions. Kid you not. It's a great show, comes on right after Sesame Street and focuses on literacy skills.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2010, 04:16:22 am »

Quote from: theinevitable
last night we watched the entire first season of Tim and Eric. So good. No nightmares, which was a pleasant surprise.

...great job.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2010, 12:37:22 pm »

Between the Lions. Kid you not. It's a great show, comes on right after Sesame Street and focuses on literacy skills.

That makes me feel a little better, I guess.

Still, we're a long way from the days when Sesame Street was cool enough to show this.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2010, 02:50:19 pm »

They're a much more serious operation now. They get guests like Katie Couric and Anderson Cooper.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2010, 03:20:13 pm »

Where's our resident thread historian? Didn't this start out in Hot Dogs (Formerly Tacos) or something?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2010, 03:28:18 pm »

Thread historian?  Ha ha, you deconstruct one thread and they throw a title at you.

I believe this thread started out with Philippe Standing on it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2010, 03:43:49 pm »

I believe this thread started out with Philippe Standing on it.

can'd
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2010, 10:52:00 pm »

I demand that you all watch Yo Gabba Gabba, even if you don't have small children.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up