Yeah, like how Italian cars are the best made.
I was talking about clothing, not cars or, say... architecture.
I'm the daughter of an autobody teacher, so I think form v function when it comes to cars is pretty skewed in my mind anyway. I mean my dream car would be a 64' Mustang convertible, and I live in the Canadian hinterland, where we have snow and dump buckets of salt on the road six months a year, so clearly for me form follows function there when it comes to vehicle preference too.
On the flip side, my preference with architecture is the opposite when it comes to form v function - the most stylized architectural spaces (to me) are often the ones that fly in the face of structural convention. Structural convention that
works and has for centuries. I find that those fancy, odd structures I enjoy looking at are the ones where, when I visit them a few years post construction, have huge challenges with maintenance. Where do I want to live? In a functional space. I favour 100 + year old character homes shaped like rectangles over some curvilinear, corner-less architectural marvel any day, even though the latter maybe purty.