Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Dress  (Read 40918 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2010, 07:37:32 pm »

whoa, yes.

yes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2010, 07:39:38 pm »

If you're gonna watch your grandpa give a blowjob, I'd suggest whatever attire you'd wear for painting.

You know.

In case of Things.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2010, 08:24:03 pm »

Wait, what?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2010, 08:37:08 pm »

Personally, I think barf bags are the fashion for such occasions.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2010, 09:39:33 pm »

You guys are a riot.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2010, 09:53:21 pm »

You guys are a riot.

what is wrong with bodily-function-humor?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2010, 12:38:05 am »

Here I thought he was saying something about having a Normal Rockwell painting of that. And I was thinking that even though Norman Rockwell seems boring, everyone has hidden depths.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2010, 05:07:28 am »

Yeah, 'cause I got nothing on how to dress for that occasion.

To the left, obviously.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2010, 07:21:32 am »

Today I bought a sweet jacket.  It is nice but also casual.  I can wear it in the winter outside a sweater or t shirt and long sleeve thermal thing and be warm or wear it in the summer at night and not be too warm.  It is grey.  The only problem is I kinda associate this type of jacket with Oasis.

Oh, the other problem.  I bought it like a size too big.  I am going to try to get it in a size smaller, but I hope that isn't a little to small.  If that happens it would blow.

I realized that hoodies make me like shit and now I never have to wear another hoodie.

Also, my cheap black wire frame glasses broke.  I am on to my hipster ray ban wayfarer glasses.  With this new coat I am looking hella hipster/ brit pop.


Also also, I am thinking about getting one of those hoodie/sweater things.  Like hoodie material/strength, no hood, looks like a sweater, zips up.  That is more classy than a hoodie right?  Or should I just buy a sweater?  Then I got to dry clean, and that is a pain in the ass.

I will probably go there right after work before I read this, so it doesn't matter what you say, but still, tell me.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 07:25:27 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2010, 12:17:37 pm »

protip: don't wash your fancy sweaters, ever.

(vernacular TOUAMB version: try what I did, only 10k up front)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2010, 03:00:53 pm »

I'm kind of confused... In what world are sweaters not washed or only dry cleaned? 

Back before my fancy washing machine I would wash my sweaters by hand and then re-shape and dry them on a small homemade rack over the tub, but now a days I have a hand wash feature on my machine and a official drying rack in the laundry room.

I think there are people who dry clean and people who don't though, so maybe that's the distinction.  With the exception of extremely dressy clothes of the sort I'd only wear once or twice a year, I don't buy anything that's "dry clean only."

Keith, I curious about your coat are you talking about a Pea Coat? If so, that sort of jacket is a classic style - Oasis doesn't own that style.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2010, 03:12:45 am »

I guess I would have to say that there is absolutely no chance that a 25 year old male from the Unites States- a dude who owns two ipods and an iphone- is going to hand wash a sweater.  I am even the type of person who kinda thinks that is cool, a better way of life even, but I still would not do it.  That is why sweaters are dry clean or no wash only.  I bought the fake sweater so I don't have to worry.  I just needed something to not make me look like an idiot while wearing nice dressyish boot/ shoe things I really like.  I think it does the job.

And, no I don't think it is a pea coat.  It is like a pea coat a little, but the buttons go all the way up- there are probably 6?- and they are in the middle.  It is really light.  I actually bought it to wear under a pea coat.  This one is made out of something weird, but I know I have seen them with wool and thicker.  This might be like another form of pea coat I wouldn't think of as a pea coat though? 


Okay, I figured it out, it is a military jacket:  http://www.polyvore.com/all-son_basin_military_jacket/thing?id=17445887. 

That is not the one I bought, though it is something similar.  I don't know why I won't show you all a link of a jacket I bought, but I won't.  This is the internet.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2010, 06:41:00 am »

I don't know why I won't show you all a link of a jacket I bought, but I won't.  This is the internet.

Yeah, odds on at least one of us has a subscription to barelylegalstonersinmilitaryjackets.com
and then it would get weird.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2010, 02:55:20 pm »

I am even the type of person who kinda thinks that is cool, a better way of life even, but I still would not do it. 

This is interesting.  For me, hand washing clothes is just a basic function of living, like taking a shower or eating.  Is that not a thing for most people?  I often forget I am the first generation of my family to have had running water and electricity for my entire life, so I tend to think of my view of things as "normal" when in fact I'm more old school than I typically recognize. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2010, 03:48:33 pm »

This is interesting.  For me, hand washing clothes is just a basic function of living, like taking a shower or eating.  Is that not a thing for most people?  I often forget I am the first generation of my family to have had running water and electricity for my entire life, so I tend to think of my view of things as "normal" when in fact I'm more old school than I typically recognize. 

I hand wash stuff all the time, but then, I'm a lady and a knitter. I don't think Pedro even knows how to hand-wash, it would never occur to him. He'll take stuff to the dry-cleaner, though, and I won't. I use "Dry Cleaner's Secret" to freshen stuff in my dryer; it only goes to a dry-cleaner if it's extremely delicate and has a stain.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up