Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Dress  (Read 41115 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #150 on: December 24, 2010, 04:37:35 pm »

yeah, I actually washed my nice sweaters and hand-shaped them. I don't know why I didn't remember that whole ordeal.

but, you know, one time. I did that once.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #151 on: December 24, 2010, 07:36:21 pm »

Yeah, I think this is mostly a lady/guy thing. I don't think the Tech Staff would hand wash an item of clothing any more than he would wear lipstick.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2010, 08:51:16 pm »

I'm not sure I've ever hand washed anything.  I'm not against it though.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2010, 09:11:14 pm »

My mother used to hand wash stuff. 

I don't wear fancy sweaters.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #154 on: December 24, 2010, 09:27:28 pm »

I hand wash garments all the time, but it isn't ever sweaters, if you're picking up what I'm laying down. Sometimes you just have to hand wash.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #155 on: December 24, 2010, 10:52:05 pm »

I don't think spraying your items with latex cleaner counts as "hand-washing."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #156 on: December 24, 2010, 11:33:17 pm »

I don't think spraying your items with latex cleaner counts as "hand-washing."

I hand wash that stuff, too. Take care of your belongings and they will take care of you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #157 on: December 25, 2010, 05:04:50 am »

I'll bet this guy hand washes.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #158 on: December 25, 2010, 01:51:08 pm »

and not just the sweater.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #159 on: December 25, 2010, 04:25:48 pm »

That hat could do with a laundrin'
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2010, 03:01:31 pm »

My husband used to do some hand washing.  He uses the hand wash setting on our machine now a days, and does the hang dry thing.  He has some high tec. thermal undies that he treats with great care.  I never encouraged this behavior in him.  I'm pretty certain he was raised doing this.  He has never asked me to do his laundry in all the time we've been together and will even do some spontaneous loads of the around-the-house stuff that both of us use, such a towels and dish clothes, etc..
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2010, 11:13:51 pm »

I find that washing Pedro's clothes for him is easier and cheaper than replacing them. He's a "wash everything together in one big load, on hot, and then dry it in the dryer on the highest setting it's got" kind of guy.

He also washed all his clothes in fabric softener -- no soap -- for an entire semester at college.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2010, 11:17:49 pm »

He also washed all his clothes in fabric softener -- no soap -- for an entire semester at college.

Flawless victory.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2010, 12:37:04 am »

I find that washing Pedro's clothes for him is easier and cheaper than replacing them. He's a "wash everything together in one big load, on hot, and then dry it in the dryer on the highest setting it's got" kind of guy.

He also washed all his clothes in fabric softener -- no soap -- for an entire semester at college.

I do the washer thing.

Also, like a month ago I realized I had been using fabric softener instead of soap for the last 2-3 washings.  I bought some detergent.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2010, 03:45:46 am »

when i was 9-10, my mom taught me to use the washing machine.  i know the basics and all my clothing is either white or not white.  none of it is special needs clothing, but i dry it all on medium to minimize shrinkage.

thats one thing i dont need a lady for; domestic stuff.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up