Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Dress  (Read 41044 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2011, 03:59:28 pm »

I keep thinking about trying to pick up some real estate in our neighborhood, but I just don't think being a landlord is my thing. My brother has like seven rental properties, so I know it's do-able. I think I'm just going to keep going the 401k and other investments route. I'm adding deferred comp this year!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2011, 07:39:43 pm »

Over time, my dress has moved from frumpy to deliberately casual.   

I'm enjoying it.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2011, 04:35:49 am »

just realized that I am going to have a lot of extra money due to recent lifestyle changes. Now, instead of buying food for someone all the time, i might buy a few new items of clothing.

I never thought I would be a dude who hardcore COVETS this one J-Crew sweater.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2011, 05:29:09 am »


I never thought I would be a dude who hardcore COVETS this one J-Crew sweater.

You are so ARROGANT!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2011, 06:12:14 am »

that is typically how I feel when I purchase/am given nice things. I am trying to get over it though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2011, 06:47:55 pm »

so i guess i bought some skinny jeans today

now the question:

do i wear them or bury them in the backyard?



Seriously,  I bought skinny jeans. Two pair. I have not worn anything other than boot-cut since 1993. But I am trying to start dressing like I don't belong to AARP, and since I only had one pair of jeans that fit, I figured if I was going to buy #####, I should buy something that's in style.

I think my Fashion Question for the forseeable future is: What Would Liz Lemon Wear? I can't find a pic of her wearing her hottest outfit ever, but it was basically dark skinny jeans, a fitted, white, button-down dress shirt, and a navy v-neck sweater with cap sleeves (or possibly sleeveless?). If I could rock that exact outfit every single day, I totally would.

She looked so nerd-hot, I rewound the stream and watched her walk into Donaghy's office three or four times in a row.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2011, 08:00:15 pm »

(Mr. Plinkett voice) YOU WEAR THE HELL OUTTA THEM JEANS, JAYELLE.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2011, 06:42:02 am »

Dumb question: what exactly is cocktail attire? Keep in mind I live in Utah and not NYC.

Also, dress like you mean it? If you want me to dress in a certain manner you're going to have to be more specific.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2011, 06:43:51 am »

That reminds me, do you all think that cuff links can ever be worn without a jacket or tie?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2011, 01:33:06 pm »

Cocktail attire.... an olive on a toothpick stuck into the top of your head?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2011, 12:34:50 am »

I'm going to go with the olive, no tie.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2012, 07:33:54 am »

I don't know if I know how to dress for the summer without falling into either "weird hipster asshole" or "weird preppy asshole." I think I am going to default to the latter. I might buy a pair of go to hell #####. Or else too-short shorts in a GTH color.

I recently discovered the "shoes without socks" paradigm and I am pretty excited about it.

In a fit of overexuberance for the weather I shaved my head. SKINHEAD PREP YEAH.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2012, 02:48:17 pm »

Got my suit back from the tailor. I look more like a guy from Goodfellas than a guy from Mad Men in this thing. My question is this: The dude threw in a purple-ish striped tie (He said it matched the suit, I think he was just upselling me). I feel like purple ties can only be pulled off by men of a darker skin tone. Yes? No?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2012, 03:26:42 pm »

You know what sucks?  When people have to take a group picture and tell you you have to wear colour coordinated clothes.  Today, I am a rebel, and it will be documented for posterity.   
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: How to Dress
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2012, 04:08:46 pm »

I feel like purple ties can only be pulled off by men of a darker skin tone. Yes? No?

I own a purple tie, and I think it looks good. I am a pale Scotsman.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up