Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanking Around, Wondering...  (Read 46233 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Wanking Around, Wondering...
« on: August 02, 2010, 06:16:04 pm »


« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:37:10 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 06:20:21 pm »

Is this strips only or does it include blog posts, Ask Rays, or the Achewood Variety Hour era postings?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:25:17 pm »

Really there has been pretty much nothing in the fanflow too, so that's not the explanation.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 08:57:58 pm »

I am still blown away that he is able to support a home and family with the amount of product he puts out. I thought Mrs.O just worked in the "store" but maybe she is doing something else, too?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 09:03:16 pm »

Look, guys, cut him some slack. It's understandable that Onstad is having a hard time maintaining output, what with all the hookers and cocaine and everything.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 09:18:08 pm »

I really wish my Bloglines feed didn't still say "A new cartoon every weekday."

It makes me so sad.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 10:35:25 pm »

Look, guys, cut him some slack. It's understandable that Onstad is having a hard time maintaining output, what with all the hookers and cocaine and everything.
That's funny, because my output increases exponentially under those conditions.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 05:55:05 am »

Yeah but you're a swinging young bachelor. Old O's wife ain't gonna beat herself.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 06:33:02 am »

Yeah, not only has the amount of strips dropped, but we haven't seen Ray since March.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 06:56:07 pm »

Now we know: he's been building a fort.
http://twitpic.com/2bb6pf
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 07:24:27 pm »

Cool fort.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 06:55:17 pm »

wait a minute, he's writing strips specifically for the "pay" section?

i thought that was just the blogs and shit.  all that "Extra" stuff.  was what he charged for.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 07:25:58 pm »

There haven't been strips in the pay section in a while that I remember. It's mostly blogs and no more frequent than the free section. The most recent post is a preview of the "much delayed volume 3."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 07:45:15 pm »

Are there in fact strips in the pay section?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 07:53:58 pm »

You would all be proud of me.

Dude was asking for donations on facebook and I did not start posting all kinds of shit about "well, if you put your efforts into expanding your fanbase with frequent free side-content instead of putting all those things behind an expansion-limiting paywall, maybe you would still be selling more books and shirts and stuff such as was the original business model that let you quit your day-job, son".

The little blogs and stuff were the things that developed fans, got them hooked between the strips, kept them coming nearly every day even when there were two strips in a week or one or whatever.

But I didn't lace into that. I didn't make an ass outta myself.

I browsed away to pornography instead, like a good little monkey.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Up