Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanking Around, Wondering...  (Read 46255 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Harlock Hero

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 15
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 01:56:10 pm »

Something tells me this is actually the last we ever see of this Nice Pete's van arc. Which I guess I'm okay with. I was still "interested" in knowing how it ended, but at 2-3 installments a month, fuck it.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 01:57:07 pm »

I'm just going to put this out there: If Onstad doesn't want to do Achewood anymore, I'd be totally cool with reading whatever it is he wants to do next. I think it would be cool. Dude needs to get his passion back.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 02:29:29 pm »

I'm just going to put this out there: If Onstad doesn't want to do Achewood anymore, I'd be totally cool with reading whatever it is he wants to do next. I think it would be cool. Dude needs to get his passion back.

Well said.  Seconded.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 02:51:18 pm »

thirded. i don't come here for the comic anyway.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 03:08:33 pm »

Yeah, Achewood or something else.  I don't care, just fuck*ng do it.

Edit:  Sorry, that was kinda snappy.  I haven't had my breakfast and my blood sugar levels are low.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 04:01:51 pm »

Yeah, Achewood or something else.  I don't care, just fuck*ng do it.

Edit:  Sorry, that was kinda snappy.  I haven't had my breakfast and my blood sugar levels are low.

can for bringing the snark
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 04:25:56 pm »

I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up.  It's only been 7 work days since his last strip.  You know how hard those roomba strips are to draw.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 05:13:42 pm »

But what if he doesn't know what the "Something else" is?  That would be mighty rough.  Burned out on the current project, not inspired for a new one, wondering what to do with oneself career-wise after being a cartoonist for so long.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 05:27:44 pm »

I would totally be on board for and purchase merchandise of "The Next Idea" absolutely.

I would not purchase the paywall bonuses, though.

It is now officially An Irrational Thing with me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 08:27:56 pm »

ALSO:

If we are nearing the end of Achewood as a live updating internet comic strip, what is going to be the point that people "remember" as the "real" end?

You know how television shows that are looked upon fondly, most of them outstay their welcome and the last season or two gets functionally disowned by the fanbase so that they can still love the memory of their show?

What would have been the cut off point, that ways, for Achewood?

The coda at the end of the "Phillipe goes home and comes back" arc?

I mean, from a storytelling point of view, it would kind of thematically have made sense for that to be the natural end of the strip, yeah?

Wraps it all up nice. It ends in a little arc that points out how it kind of had to end (creatively) but will always exist (meta-narratively).
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 09:04:48 pm »

GOF, it ain't been the same since
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harlock Hero

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 15
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 11:55:50 pm »

Are we now 'fessing up to the sentiment that we "liked Achewood when it was good, before it got popular?" Have we been made "hipsters" of?


(No offense to hipsters.)
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 12:28:01 am »

Fuck all y'all. I didn't even like the GOF that much.

There, I said it. Give me a two-minute head start before you start throwing rocks, will you?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 12:38:44 am »

I didn't either. It was a guy thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 02:26:02 am »

The GOF was good, but not my favorite.  That would be the Super-Secret Ice Cream Parlor.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Up