Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanking Around, Wondering...  (Read 46226 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #255 on: November 02, 2010, 09:18:22 pm »

It was mostly my fault.

Actually, it happened several years ago. I was buying an original of one of his strips. Part of the emails are from him trying to get me to scan the image in so he could put it in his book (he hadn't kept a high quality scan).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2010, 09:54:57 pm »

Just for some perspective: There was exactly one strip in October. There were 3 in September. Those are 4 free strips in 2 months. No one can bitch about the supply of free strips, but how many paid updates did you guys get for your subscription fee? Has he shipped out any of the merchandise people have paid for? I think at this point its like when you forget to do something you promised for someone, and its been so long that it would be embarrassing to bring it up again and deliver it so late.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2010, 10:20:05 pm »

Just for some perspective: There was exactly one strip in October. There were 3 in September. Those are 4 free strips in 2 months. No one can bitch about the supply of free strips, but how many paid updates did you guys get for your subscription fee? Has he shipped out any of the merchandise people have paid for? I think at this point its like when you forget to do something you promised for someone, and its been so long that it would be embarrassing to bring it up again and deliver it so late.

Which reminds me -- I did finish knitting your hat. I facebook-messaged you about it but you didn't reply -- I need your address so I can ship it out. I hope it fits? It fits me, but I don't know how big your head is.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2010, 10:22:39 pm »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2010, 10:38:52 pm »

Heh heh.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2010, 10:41:51 pm »

Which reminds me -- I did finish knitting your hat. I facebook-messaged you about it but you didn't reply -- I need your address so I can ship it out. I hope it fits? It fits me, but I don't know how big your head is.
This situation has been resolved. I get a hat and the autism society of north carolina gets a donation. Kumbaya all around.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #261 on: February 02, 2011, 06:23:23 am »

ok, did he quit his job of making comic books?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #262 on: February 02, 2011, 01:50:26 pm »

ok, did he quit his job of making comic books?

Apparently.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #263 on: February 03, 2011, 12:02:57 am »

Nah, if you look at the most recent strip you'll see that there's a panel for each month.  Achewood is still going, the next update will be another 12 panels on January 5th 2012.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2011, 05:54:15 pm »

Another lame-ass chapbook on the pay side today.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #265 on: February 05, 2011, 06:51:46 pm »

I emailed a while ago to ask if he had a new mailing address (the site still lists the San Carlos one), because I wanted to send him some encouraging fridge magnets. But I have never heard back. This worries me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #266 on: February 05, 2011, 09:34:11 pm »

ONE, ONE month without a strip.

Ah-ah-ah.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #267 on: February 05, 2011, 09:45:07 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #268 on: February 05, 2011, 11:32:33 pm »

Quote from: greenkoolayd


YOINK
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Wanking Around, Wondering...
« Reply #269 on: February 06, 2011, 12:12:32 am »

Do or not do: there is no publishing doodles and undeveloped germs of ideas.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up