Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field  (Read 42438 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2010, 02:47:00 pm »

This may have been my worst week ever for playing fantasy football, and my first league had all its stats compiled longhand on legal pads.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2010, 03:10:39 am »

so i guess i have to hope for tony romo to get injured on like the first cowboys possession and justin tuck to get a bunch of penalties, plus ahmad bradshaw with a massive game tomorrow. clever trick there, august, with both defensive lines in the arizona/seattle game.

i *WILL* win at least one more matchup this season. the odds of me only having one win are super-low, aren't they?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2010, 02:17:15 pm »

Why oh why can't I save some points from week to week?  I have delivered unto Paul a major crushing (it helps that he left four players on the bye week in his starting lineup, but I doubt that would have mattered).  I only need about 150 of these 250 points right now, would like to save the extra 100 for later pls.

Also, fuck the Denver Broncos.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2010, 04:07:29 pm »

Why oh why can't I save some points from week to week?  I have delivered unto Paul a major crushing (it helps that he left four players on the bye week in his starting lineup, but I doubt that would have mattered).  I only need about 150 of these 250 points right now, would like to save the extra 100 for later pls.

Facing me is like a bye week.  I've decided, as a sociological experiment to see how well my team does without making a single move all season.  I'm observing and learning how to play the game.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2010, 05:12:45 pm »

Facing me is like a bye week. 

Great, so I lost to my bye week last week.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2010, 05:28:51 pm »

clever trick there, august, with both defensive lines in the arizona/seattle game.


Yabbut your Washington defense scored the same alone as the two of them put together.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2010, 05:59:20 pm »

Yabbut your Washington defense scored the same alone as the two of them put together.

Guess who had DeAngelo Hall and his 4 INTs in the line-up!  Me (I did).

I was also the beneficiary of Darren McFadden's monster day, so I guess I shouldn't be too upset with Denver in that regard.  But I made it through six weeks of the suicide pool only to pick Denver this week, so fuck them.  (I bet a lot of people crashed & burned with the Saints this week, too.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2010, 06:57:37 pm »

I won a match?

Okay, I'll admit I haven't a clue how this works.  Even after it was explained to me, I still can't figure out how to change my roster and the rules pages are as impenetrable as the bible and possible longer.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2010, 07:54:55 pm »

I won a match?

Okay, I'll admit I haven't a clue how this works.  Even after it was explained to me, I still can't figure out how to change my roster and the rules pages are as impenetrable as the bible and possible longer.

Indeed, you are 2-4, soon to be 2-5.

OK, let me try to 'splain this.

On your roster page, you have the active positions (QB, RB, team DEF, etc.) and six bench (BN) positions.  If you are using the drag & drop interface, you drag the little blue box for the bench player and drop it on the box for the guy in the line-up you are replacing.  These must be position for position; that is, you can only place your active QB with another QB.  (The exception is the W/R/T position, which can be a WR, RB, or TE at your option.)  The player you are replacing goes to your bench and is still in your possession.

Reasons for substituting:  starting player is on a bye week, starting player is injured enough to miss a week (but not out for the season), you think the bench player has a better match-up.

Now, what if you need to sub out your QB but don't have a QB to replace him with?  That's where waiver wire pickups come in.  When you're looking at your roster page, up near the top is "Players:  Add."  That'll give you a list of all available players.  You can use the "position" drop-down to filter on the position you're looking for, and the different columns to sort by stats ("Actual rankings" is useful, as are % owned, total fantasy points, and in some cases yards gained, receptions, what have you.  The default ranking is "projected ranking" which is completely useless at this point in the season). 

When you find the guy you want, click the green plus sign to pick him up, but then you will be asked who you want to let go.  This does NOT have to match the position--you can pick up a QB, and drop any player you wish to make room for him.  The player you drop will go back into the pool, and any other team can pick him up.  So before you drop a guy, you'd best be sure you won't want him back later.  Certain guys you are not allowed to cut; they tend to be the big stars (mine are Manning, Peterson, and Antonio Gates) so you don't want to drop them anyway.

All waiver wire claims are subject to the waiver wire pecking order from Monday to Wednesday.  That is, if you try to pick up a guy on Monday or Tuesday, it won't be processed right away.  If more than one team tries to claim the same guy, on Wednesday morning he'll go to whichever team has the better waiver order priority (which is visible in the standings table, but I have no idea how it's determined).  From Wednesday through Sunday, it's open season, and whoever you pick up will go on your roster immediately.

Reasons for picking up a guy off the waiver wire:  starting player is on the bye week and you have no one available on your bench.  Starting player is injured and out for the season.  You have realized the guy you have sucks and is irredeemable, and there has to be someone better out there.  You have heard of some great new player who's come out of nowhere and you want to pick him up.

Does that help?  Other questions?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2010, 08:15:51 pm »

Yes, you've answered the big question.  I thought the blue box was the active players and I didn't understand how to change that. 

Edit:  Okay, actually that didn't work for me.  The only place it's allowing me to drag any player is into the "empty" spot and then it will only allow me to drag that player back to it's original spot.  I'm doing something wrong obviously, but I have to go right now.  I'll look at this when I get back home tonight.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:22:28 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2010, 08:57:27 pm »

If Eli Manning and Brandon Jacobs can team up for more points than Lister's TE, I might win tonight.  We're neck and neck in points at the moment - no thanks to Donovan McNabb's choke performance.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2010, 12:54:56 am »

I think you're pretty safe, Jay.  Witten's best would be about a 10-12 point day, and between Manning and Jacobs you've easily got that covered as long as they are not actually dead*.

I just hope I lose by more than the 5 points I would've had if I'd noticed that Malcom Floyd was out this week.

*this can happen!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2010, 12:57:34 am »

And, checking on this after posting, I see that you're now ahead of me despite Manning's -2 points.

I might go watch this game just for the novelty of not being at work during it.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2010, 02:40:59 am »

Hooray!  Tony Romo's collarbone is broken!  My season is over!

Hoo fuck*ng ray!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2010, 03:04:41 am »

oh god i'm sorry august i didn't mean it i didn't know that would happen
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26   Go Up