Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down

Author Topic: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field  (Read 42281 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #360 on: January 22, 2011, 04:17:35 pm »

To be fair, Sanchez was accused of rape during his college days as well.

I don't like him any better.

My QB is a paragon of virtue, when it comes to not raping people. He's an enormous asshole, but he doesn't rape anyone.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #361 on: January 22, 2011, 05:57:03 pm »

Heh.

Quote from: The Onion
CHICAGO—Silencing once and for all the multitude of critics who said he did not have what it took to be a postseason quarterback, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler led the Bears to the NFC Championship Game last Sunday by defeating the 8-10 Seattle Seahawks, by far the worst team ever to make the playoffs. "I think I've demonstrated what I'm truly capable of when I'm playing to my strengths," said Cutler, who threw for two touchdowns against Seattle's godawful 27th-ranked defense and had a four-game interception streak snapped only because Seahawks safety Jordan Babineaux inexplicably muffed a pass thrown at the goal line. "People got to see my true potential today." Cutler will play his first postseason game against an opponent with a winning record Sunday.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #362 on: January 23, 2011, 11:50:36 pm »

Packers struggled against Caleb Hanie? I predict a long Super Bowl for them.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #363 on: January 24, 2011, 03:46:34 am »

I'm happy for you dude, but I can't think of a Super Bowl I could be less interested in. I mean, it would be kind of nice to see the Steelers lose, and I guess I'll cheer the Packers on for one day, but I honestly do not give a fuck. I barely even dislike the Steelers. I like Tomlin and pulled for them when Dennis Dixon was starting. And it'd be nice to see Aaron Rodgers not win a Super Bowl. Basically the only way I'll end up caring is if Dixon gets to start, but isn't he injured anyway?

Oh well, I'm clearly in the minority (if this 2 and 1/2 year old article is true anymore, but judging by how many Steelers and Packers fans there are in Utah alone by my own count, it seems right).
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #364 on: January 24, 2011, 03:53:35 am »

Could be better, could be worse. It's gonna be a long off-season.

Fuck it: let's go Red Wings!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #365 on: January 24, 2011, 03:39:13 pm »

A looooooooot of people from my hometown are Steelers fans, so my FB feed is all "Go Steelers!" an' shit. 

My hometown is actually closer to Baltimore, Washington, AND Philly than Pittsburgh, so I think these people are deluded, but that's just my opinion.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #366 on: January 24, 2011, 06:40:02 pm »

Philadelphia: 0 rings
Baltimore: 1 ring*
Washington: 3 rings

Pittsburgh: 6 rings

Hmm.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #367 on: January 24, 2011, 07:15:56 pm »

Well, yeah.  It's easier to cheer for a winner, of course.  When I was a kid it was the Terry Bradshaw Steelers all winning Super Bowls, so it's no wonder so many of my peers are on their bandwagon.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #368 on: January 24, 2011, 07:55:59 pm »

Philadelphia: 0 rings
Baltimore: 1 ring*
Washington: 3 rings

Pittsburgh: 6 rings

Hmm.

Why the asterisk?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #369 on: January 24, 2011, 08:14:50 pm »

FTFY

Indeed.  "Wow, thanks Mean Joe!"

I'm sure Nabu can and will answer, but I'm guessing it's something to do with the theft of teams to and from Baltimore.  Baltimore actually has two Super Bowl titles, but only one of them belonged to the Baltimore team that was there when I was a kid, and that team is now in Indianapolis.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #370 on: January 24, 2011, 09:09:35 pm »

The Houston Oilers were in the same division as the Steelers and therefore their constant whipping boys.  The Oilers greatest moment was losing to the Steelers in the AFC Championship game.  I firmly believe that  the Oilers were the second best team in the NFL that year.  But the Steelers were one of the best teams in history (they're listed #7).

I've always admired the Steelers.    I admire their accomplishments on the field and I admire their loyalty to their staff..  They are a class organization.

PS - It was a catch.  Also, I want Bum Phhillips coat.

But these days, if I'm a fan of any team it would be the Packers because they have something that the Steelers or Oilers never had and no other NFL team will ever have again, public ownership.  The Green Bay Packers really are Green Bay's team.  Also, I'm a big fan of Clay Mathews who's uncle Bruce played 18 seasons for the Oilers.

And if we're picking winners I think the Packers have the better team this year and will likely win the game.  Aaron Rogers is on fire!


Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #371 on: January 24, 2011, 09:35:33 pm »

Yeah, Balt - Indy - Cleve - Balt - Cleve, whatever.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #372 on: January 24, 2011, 09:36:35 pm »

Also, my team was originally an LA team and I am having a tough time stomaching the idea that they might go back, so I don't know where that leaves us.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #373 on: January 24, 2011, 09:39:54 pm »

that... won't be a problem.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #374 on: January 24, 2011, 09:42:57 pm »

that... won't be a problem.
I'ma let you finish, but I won't underestimate the NFL's desire to find a way to separate all those consumers from their lucre, no matter how many times it's failed in the past.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up