Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field  (Read 42217 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #375 on: January 25, 2011, 02:57:28 am »

FTFY
Nice call. I saw a poll on ESPN (mobile) asking if Mr. Rapey or Bradshaw was the better quarterback. I know it's hard to compare players across generations, but it seems pretty hard to make the case for the skullet. Nevertheless, he was winning by a 3-1 margin.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #376 on: January 25, 2011, 04:27:38 am »


PS - It was a catch.  Also, I want Bum Phhillips coat.


Oh HELLS yes.  And the hat.  And the fuck*ng glassses.

My problem with this Super Bowl is that I have vague, semi-positive feelings toward both teams.  I sort of like them both and at right about the same level for each.  Not sure who I'm rooting for, if anybody.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #377 on: January 25, 2011, 06:40:38 am »

There are accusations and there are accusations, and basically the only reason Ben skated on these charges is because of colossal ineptitude on the part of the investigating officers along with some good ol' plausibly deniable assistance from the club owner.  "The police didn't tell us we shouldn't erase the surveillance tapes or clean the crime scene with bleach!  Whoops, our bad."

I hate it because I really like the Steelers.  I like the owners, I like their style, I like Mike Tomlin and Hines Ward.  I want to cheer for them.  But what Ben did to that girl is reprehensible and I can't cheer for his "redemption" to come after ten whole months of not being accused of sexual assault.

Fortunately, the Packers are my favoritest NFC team and I love Aaron Rodgers for being a class act in every way.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #378 on: January 25, 2011, 03:55:00 pm »

Yes. Pulling for the NFC hard this year. I have a hard time rooting for colossal fuckheads on teams I like. Fortunately it hasn't happened too much. Yeah, my QB is a douchebag, but he hasn't done anything actionable. Closest I've come is Todd Bertuzzi playing for the Wings, and I can't endorse him. He punched Steve Moore hard enough in the back of the head to end his career. Granted, you play hockey and dish it out, you know you're going to get it coming back, but still.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #379 on: March 04, 2011, 03:14:58 am »

Is it best to start a new thread once the Super Bowl is over? I don't know. If so, maybe someone can split this, but:

The Chargers just signed Bob "I never drank milk as a kid" Sanders. Is it possible that we might get four games out of him, maybe? Like it'll matter, with no football this year, but still.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2011, 12:27:04 am »

I see two options with Bob Sanders.

1: He plays early and maybe the Chargers win some games before mid-October.  He gets hurt just as the rest of the team remembers that they can play football, too.

2: He gets hurt in pre-season and returns just in time for the standard mad scramble to beat out whoever's ahead of the Chargers in the division.

Either way ends on a stretcher in someone else's building in the divisional round of the playoffs.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Frozen Tundra of TOUAMB Field
« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2011, 12:42:51 am »

So what do we title this new thread.  In order to make the season longer we've got to shorten it with a strike.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Up