Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: i am not cool when...  (Read 4612 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
i am not cool when...
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:08:38 am »

"hey man, you coming out tonight?"
'i can't, diego is on and i have to find out what happens to this fuck*ng llama, you know? otherwise, repercussions.'
"the boy'll throw a fit?"
'no. the boy is at his nana's. um. oh shit the bobos are back. bye.'

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 02:43:42 am »

I think I understand a little bit of that.

Also, the tooth is back!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 03:06:54 am »

Yay for Arkabee's return.  I didn't understand a word of that you wrote.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 03:24:28 am »

I not only understood it all, I live and breathe it daily.

Anybody else want to punch the bobo brothers in the throat?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 03:47:36 am »

I didn't understand a word of that you wrote.

this isn't meant creepy, but i swear to god about 2 years ago i dreamt of your mustache.

diego is the male-version of dora the explorer.  supposedly her cousin, but i think he's just a god damned knock off.  this kid is kinda a douche bag.

like, dora's backpack has crayons.  right? and some string.
diego's is apparently powered by nanotech and turns into a fuck*ng hydrofoil at will.
and he's all nonchalant about it.
but i digress.

anyways, when someone calls me, on the phone, to ask me to leave the house,
but i can't leave,
because i'm caught up in the middle of an episode of diego and _fuck*ng need_ to know what happens to the llama diego is riding on,
and the boy isn't the one raptured by the show,
well,
i'm no longer cool at that moment.

sure, if it's Chowder, i can pretend i'm tripping a flashback and still de fuego and all,
but diego?
non.



and jl, yes, the bobos are like goofus and gallant sans gallant plus doofus.
swiper, he makes _sense_. he's driven, man.
but the bobos, i think they huff paint maybe.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 12:23:29 pm »

Okay, thanks for the Diego explanation.  Now I'm wondering what Chowder is, if you are not referring to a type of soup.

And I'm not creeped out by your dream.  My moustache thinks you're a stalker though.  :P
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 01:40:33 pm »

Yeah, I dig me some Chowder.  Also Flapjack.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 01:44:33 pm »

Yeah, fuck the Bobos.  Troublemaking shits.  Astonishing, though, that you just yell "Freeze!" at them, and they stop whatever they were fuck*ng up and apologize.  Really?  You have no qualms about, I don't know, messing with Diego's zip line, potentially sending him plummeting a hundred feet to his death, but as soon as someone says "Freeze!" you realize the error of your ways and slink off?

Not unlike how unbelievable it is that the Machines stop attacking Zion because of a deal they made with Neo.  Who is now dead.  So, you were about to kill off all of free humanity, and that was fine, but now you have to keep your word to a dead guy?

Also:  Kai Lan = Chinese Dora.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 03:13:23 pm »

I dreamed just the other night that I met Paul and he had shaved his mustache and I was sad that I didn't get to touch it after all these years. Paul, if you decide to take a bet, do not bet your mustache. It will make your imaginary friends sad if you lose.

Also:  Kai Lan = Chinese Dora.

Except that Kai Lan is cute and doesn't yell all the time.

My girlface prefers Diego over Dora, which I have to say is fine with me. She actually learns, you know, stuff about animals, which is pretty darn endearingly precocious in a two and a half year old. (She greeted me this morning, with, "Hi, mommy polar bear! Let's go jump on the ice floes!" Also, she frequently suggests that we use echolocation to determine which path to take, which is WAY cooler than consulting a singing map.)

But yeah, I have been known to actively steer the kids towards the Wonderpets because I'm dying to know what kind of trouble the Baby Chameleon has gotten himself into and how the WPs will save him. And I don't turn it off if the kids leave the room.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 04:12:15 pm »

Except that Kai Lan is cute and doesn't yell all the time.

My kids are in active revolt against Dora.  They call her... not a "slave driver," that's not the term, but they basically say "She's always telling you to do stuff, like you're her servant."  I remind them that Dora always ASKS them if they'll help, and they could say no.  It's gotten to the point that we got rid of a bunch of Dora toys the other day (which is just fine by me).

I push them to Yo Gabba Gabba, of course, because I am an aging parental hipster doofus.

As long as I'm bitching about kids' TV:  Special Agent Oso can drive a car and walk in space, but he needs help knowing how to brush his teeth?  WTF?  I hate that stupid bear.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 05:08:33 pm »

Also Flapjack.

Thank you.  Yes.  Flapjack was cancelled on this side of the border on Cartoon Networks shoddy Canadian cousin of a station (Teletoon) after the first season, so I thought it was just one of those short sweet things that got buried under all the crap out there, but upon some looking, I see that they're now on their third season now, so it sounds like it's time for some downloading.  The husband will be pleased.  He loooooooved the first season.  I'm excited to see more of the ominous Candy Wife. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 05:39:05 pm »

'Los, if you are raising kids who would think to throw off the chains of oppression from a cartoon, you deserve a tiny can of Dr. Pepper.

So here is one.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 05:56:02 pm »

I will, however, always keep an eye on Wow Wow Wubbzy just to see what [NAME]-3000 invention Widget will later say "Ohhh, that's not supposed to happen" about. I always say the key line with her.

BoyThing has started naming things the [Whatever]-3000. He was terrified of my stand mixer until I started calling it "The Mixinator 3000," and now he thinks it's cool and wants me to make cookies all the time. (He doesn't eat the cookies, he just likes to help make them.)

Special Agent Oso is all but unknown in this house, because we don't have cable. The kids have played a couple of Oso games on Playhouse Disney's website, but they gravitate towards Bunnytown (win) and, of course, Mickey penis Clubhouse of Awkward Pauses and Forced Comedic Situations.

My kids are a bit young for it, but we're trying to push them towards Phineas and Ferb. Probably the best series to come out of Disney since Walt died, if you haven't seen it yet it's worth a look.

Also, Carlos, if your kids are rebelling against being told what to do, you've got bigger problems than whether or not they like Dora.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 06:48:26 pm »

i am not cool when...

i actively spend part of my day worrying that tollee's obsession with panda bears is unhealthy for him.

seriously, tollee, dude... dude.  DUDE!
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: i am not cool when...
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 07:04:55 pm »

Also, Carlos, if your kids are rebelling against being told what to do, you've got bigger problems than whether or not they like Dora.

We have instituted an allowance, which is dependent on their completing simple chores, and on their getting ready for bed in a timely fashion (and come Sept. 7, getting ready for school in a timely fashion).  So they are fine being told what to do, so long as there is financial gain involved.  That is to say, we are preparing them well for their future as tools of the capitalist machine.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up