Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ground Zero Mosque  (Read 6180 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 08:55:08 pm »

I guess being on the West Coast I don't hear all the apron-wringing going on over this thing as much - someone should do a map of the mosques already in Manhattan.  This is probably a moot argument.  I didn't take Ash's post as anything other than someone saying STFU to both sides.  Fortunately for everyone involved we already have laws that will allow the building to be done regardless of the sturm and drang.  As others have noted, its private property, funded by private sources.  If someone wants to picket it once its build and harass any attendees - well Fred Phelps has a model they can follow.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 09:10:17 pm »

I mean, I feel like it is pretty proven that both sides have to yell as loud as possible.

if the lefties are quiet, righties win by default. Which does not just mean a triumph for rightie-ism, but of all the other BS that is lumped in with the republican party right now.

I am pretty much in favor of righteous indignation when people lobby against religious freedom.

See also: those doucheholes who want to take away birthright citizenship.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 09:12:14 pm »

See also: those doucheholes who want to take away birthright citizenship.

AKA "Anchor babies"
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 09:47:28 pm »

This issue would be more laughable if Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin weren't both contenders for the Presidency.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 09:53:18 pm »

I just got an email from my nutjob rightwing uncle about the NYC (so called) Mosque.  All I can say is wow!  The racist/fascist/islamophobes are really showing their true colors now.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 09:59:35 pm »

A little levity is perhaps in order...

You stay out of this, old man!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 09:16:30 am »

So my country can't even manage to elect a leader but shit like this makes me ashamed by proxy.
Do they think their passion and gosh-darn patriotism excuses them from having any sort of musical or lyrical talent?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 11:54:56 am »

Man, I love that song just cause it is like this: but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZF5wpntXsk&feature=search more awful.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 08:44:40 am »

I like that video.  Thanks for sharing it!  My sentiments exactly.  I'm gonna share that video of Keith Olbermann on facebook.  Then I'm gonna block every one of my friends & relatives who refuses to share it on their walls as well.   I find the facebook experience a lot more pleasant since I've started blocking people who display outrageous tendencies.  Normally I block people because of what they post, in example I blocked one of my best friends the other day because he posted this racist ignorant shit, and I know he and his circle of friends subscribe to a lot of these ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47piCmAB0s4&feature=search

And really, my friend is cool in a lot of ways, but knowing that he's got one foot in this world of racism and ignorance has kinda been weighing on me, and not having the hints of this in my facebook experience anymore is actually a weight off my shoulders.  I can tolerate him in person because in person I can give his shit back to him.  But to just see shit that someone posts, without the opportunity to respond and intervene as the thought processes are forming in that person's mind, it can kinda drag on you.

So yeah, this Ground Zero mosque shit is a case where if someone refused to post this video or something equivalent, I'd want to block them from my FB experience, because as Olbermann says, the duty to speak up in this case is pretty clear and pressing.  I don't have room in my life for people who are right-wing or even neutral on such issues.  In fact I think we should put them all on trains and dump them in camps in the midwest.  Oh wait they already did that I guess. : - )
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 09:43:56 pm »

I guess when you are dealing with this mindset the opportunity for reasonable dialog is pretty slim.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 10:06:15 pm »

And on the lighter side.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 10:12:41 pm »

man, that BS makes me want us to build a 300-story mosque on ex-ground-zero.

"check it out, muslims love the US, you assholes" where "you assholes" can refer to Al Qaeda, or insane douchenozzles of american extraction.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 05:35:37 am »

Simple, Keith's a blowjob whose prime goal is to move the needle. The protesting side is a bunch of WHAT AUGUST SAID wankers.

I put my conception of the basic issue right in the core of my post. The rest of it is me raving at the shitholes that are killing me with their terms of discourse.

I rave on Olberman because I've been clued into his shtick for 27 years. Dickhead.


It seems like you are saying that you find less value or truth or reason in what Olberman is saying in that video because Olberman is saying it.  Maybe I am misunderstanding you.  Douche or not, motivated by ratings or not, I don't think that matters in the case of what he said in that video because it was objectively true and well reasoned, at least from my perspective, and if you don't agree then you're wrong. 
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 04:07:51 am »

Joke just sent by my crazy right wing uncle.

"A man started a business selling land mines that look like prayer rugs.  Prophets are going through the roof."

I read that just before I read this.  Actually that link goes to a page that debunks the email I received, but you get the idea.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Zero Mosque
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 04:05:01 pm »

I read that just before I read this.  Actually that link goes to a page that debunks the email I received, but you get the idea.

there are so many reasons to be pissed off, that is angers me that people feel compulsed to make shit up to get people pissed off.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up