Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Future porn  (Read 6267 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Future porn
« on: August 20, 2010, 08:23:00 am »

This is the kind of thing I've been talking about!

http://technology.todaysbigthing.com/2010/08/13

If seeing creativity like this doesn't give you a future-boner, then honestly, I think you're too old to live.
Logged
ACHIEVE

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 01:35:42 pm »

Neat, well-designed stuff but hardly a new concept.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 02:29:03 pm »

Not new, certainly, but not quite old, either. Very nice designs. I'll have to consider one of those wallbeds when I build a tiny house in my backyard as a writer's retreat. (I've decided this is a thing I want to do when I have 20 grand to spare. I am really fascinated by these ultra-efficient small homes, if I didn't have young kids I would love to try living in one for a year.)

My in-laws have a coffee table kind of like the first one on the video. They have a 3,000 square foot home with an ample dining room, but they eat in the living room so they can watch House Hunters while they eat.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 03:11:53 pm »

They have a 3,000 square foot home with an ample dining room, but they eat in the living room so they can watch House Hunters while they eat.

the saddest thing
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 03:19:35 pm »

Especially since they can actually see the TV from their dining table, albeit from 20 yards instead of 5...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 03:24:01 pm »

the saddest thing

What is the attraction of those shows, anyway?  Is it just voyeurism?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 04:08:19 pm »

I like to watch the DIY shows because I have a house and want to make it better.

My MIL likes House Hunters and its ilk for the same reason my mom likes the Home Shopping Network, but more so. "Look at the stuff we could have!" 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 05:30:14 pm »

That's going on my Facebook wall ASAP.  Maybe not new, but its new to me.  We're casting around for a way to get more functional space in my daughter's room.  Our 4 bed house should probably be 3 beds with bigger rooms.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 05:37:07 pm »

jaydub, you might want to check out Wasted Spaces on Hulu. Lots of good ideas there for how to DIY and save some $eriou$ bread.

http://www.hulu.com/wasted-spaces
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Future porn
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 08:01:37 pm »

Well duh, of course they're not new, what am I, an infant here?  But imagine this:

The couch and TV disappear effortlessly into the walls.  Racquetball court.

After the game winner you play air guitar, but it sounds like a real guitar.
Logged
ACHIEVE

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 09:20:36 pm »

I like to watch the DIY shows because I have a house and want to make it better.


I like DIY better than HGTV.  You can actually learn stuff DIY.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Future porn
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 04:15:50 pm »

Well duh, of course they're not new, what am I, an infant here?  But imagine this:

The couch and TV disappear effortlessly into the walls.  Racquetball court.

After the game winner you play air guitar, but it sounds like a real guitar.

I just came
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

fanta

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -32
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 08:49:40 pm »

that's neat...  however... addressing one point...

the reason a small studio apt costs what it costs is because you can't live in it comfortably...  The factor that determines the price is the question of how much discomfort people are willing to put up with.  If new technology makes a thing comfortable, then it will go up in price, and this opens up a price point for a new uncomfortable thing, in this case that new uncomfortable thing would be even smaller apartments.  The free market is really a bitch in this way.  As long as the market is free and unregulated, there will always be uncomfortable price points for products and things that suck.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 09:28:24 pm »

Way to shit on a man's dream of sleeping on a foldaway bed.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Future porn
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 10:12:23 pm »

JL, you don't need a whole tiny house to write in, you just need a shed:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/13/AR2010091304465.html
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up