Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: NCAA BCS series 2010  (Read 25005 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
NCAA BCS series 2010
« on: September 05, 2010, 03:56:22 am »

So, my beloved BSU Broncos are ranked 3rd in the nation at this point, and start their improbable (impossible?) run at the national championship in Landover, MD on Monday, against #10 VA Tech. This is the highest BSU has ever been ranked, and I believe the highest a non-BCS team has started the season at. Of course, BSU could go undefeated and not make the championship game (they've done it three of the last four years, although one of those years they lost their bowl game).

Eh, it's all a crapshoot at the start of the year anyway, but I'm pretty excited for this season (not least because of USC's difficulties). (An aside: I'm also jazzed about Eastern Washington's red turf.)

I thought I'd open this up to go with the pretend football thread and perhaps a potential pro thread (though that could be thrown in here as well). What say ye?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 04:13:22 am »

Syracuse is terrible at football!

Everyone else in the fanbase is fuck*ng delusional, think that beating Akron (and turning the ball over three times while you're at it) means they'll make a decent bowl this year!

Everyone except for me, as I have learned the deadly perils of optimism through my attachment to the Mets and all the educational heartbreak that comes with said attachment.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 02:38:00 am »

The one school I have a degree from beat the other school I have a degree from yesterday.  This seems to somehow happen every year.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 03:00:10 am »

The one school I have a degree from beat the other school I have a degree from yesterday.  This seems to somehow happen every year.
University of Phoenix has a football team?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 03:11:18 am »

University of Phoenix has a football team?

Yeah, and can you believe they got beat by Devry again?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 03:26:05 am »

"Gooooooooo Attendees!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 10:32:22 pm »

I was hoping TCU would lose to Oregon St so they would look better when BSU plays them in a few weeks. One win over a ranked team, and especially the first game of the season, will be hard to get much credit for.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 05:46:08 pm »

I want my 16 team playoff, so anything that embarrasses and emphasizes the incongruity of the current system is my friend.

If they haven't been embarrassed enough already they ain't no amount of embarrassment gonna make any difference at all.    The only thing their gonna notice is if you stop sending them truckloads of money.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 05:49:02 pm »

Though I am not a huge college football fan, I think I prefer the eight-team playoff model more.

I dunno. Just seems like it maintains the value of winning your conference the most, while still opening up the field to all the teams with a reasonable claim.

Holds onto the value of the regular season games more.

Still. 16 team would still beat the hell out of this mess.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 05:22:36 am »

The BCS can eat my fuck, quite frankly. I know we're going to get fucked on this deal.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 01:55:25 pm »

The BCS can eat my fuck, quite frankly. I know we're going to get fucked on this deal.

Did he just say "eat my fuck?"
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 02:51:26 pm »

BSU just doesn't have enough quality opponents left, unless OSU pours it on. Also:

27 players have racked up 30 arrests at the University of Florida during Urban Meyer's tenure running the Gators football program. Sure he has brought home 2 national titles, but if this pattern of behavior continues, how long before the Gators are labeled a "dirty program"? One thing is for sure, Urban Meyer is fed up with this type of behavior. "I try to evaluate everything about our program," Meyer said Thursday. "After a while, enough is enough. If there's something we can improve on, we're certainly looking into that. It's like if our graduation stinks, then we've got to improve that. If there are other issues in a program that's our job to get it better. People making stupid mistakes, that's something we've got to correct. It's not a dirty program. We follow the rules and some guys make mistakes and we've got to correct those mistakes. We follow the rules. We do it the right way at Florida and we have to do a better job with correcting some of the people making mistakes."

That's not very Tebowish.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 02:59:16 pm »

Nevada might be tougher for you guys than Oregon State. Conference games can be tougher by nature, and I didn't watch the game but they handled Cal very well last night. Oregon State is probably better but Cal hasn't seemed terrible so far. However, it's still early, and even though it hurts me to say it, the Pac-10 is looking kinda weak so far. I'm an Oregon fan, and even though we've dominated this far, we haven't played anyone that really matters yet (sorry to any Vols fans?). If we don't continue to dominate when we start playing conference games next week we're not going to look good at all.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 05:38:16 pm »

The Pac-10 (Pac-12) has fallen like a rock in recent years. I'm sort of loving it.

We might actually get a game out of Wyoming today. I'm thinking our season is not going to be the walk-through we had planned.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 06:23:00 am »

So my team overtook your team in the rankings, but I don't feel very secure about it. I wonder if mainly it's because you guys struggled a bit with VA Tech, who have been really inconsistent this year. I had thought Stanford would be our toughest home game of the year, but Arizona is looking to be even more difficult (and I'm like 90% positive I get to go to that game). We play Cal and Oregon St on their turf, and that's always a challenge. It's going to be one hell of a season. For you guys Nevada is looking tougher and tougher, should be a good game.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up