Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: NCAA BCS series 2010  (Read 25069 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2010, 06:01:17 am »

I had the opportunity to be in the stadium for that game, in one of Alabama's boxes.

I'm glad I wasn't, because I would have to have killed someone round about 21-0, and then I'd have missed the comeback.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2010, 07:06:33 am »

Holy fuck.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2010, 07:13:07 am »

Yeah, that one... uh... had to hurt. Sorry.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2010, 03:24:21 pm »

So I just learned that I, as the only person in my family who truly hates college football, was the only one aware that the Rose Bowl is not the championship game. My mom, dad, and grandma all insisted that the Rose Bowl was for 1st place.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2010, 03:40:05 pm »

That one stung a little.

Nevada has got quite a rushing offense there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2010, 09:31:23 pm »

So I just learned that I, as the only person in my family who truly hates college football, was the only one aware that the Rose Bowl is not the championship game. My mom, dad, and grandma all insisted that the Rose Bowl was for 1st place.

It is every few years, isn't it?  Doesn't the championship rotate between the Rose, the Fiesta, the Orange and the Sugar or something?  Or did I just completely make that up?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2010, 10:16:26 pm »

It's a totally separate game now, but it used to rotate, I believe.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2010, 11:54:22 pm »

I think every couple of pages on this thread I need to step in here and remind that it's all BS.  Until there is a playoff there is no championship anywhere.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2010, 12:55:47 am »

Location rotates.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2010, 05:05:42 am »

Ought to be some interesting numbers out on Sunday. Can Stanford go to 3?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2010, 05:40:25 pm »

Also, another Wisconsin blow out. But I don't think Stanford can jump TCU because TCU has been so dominant. I'm thinking Wisconsin might end up at 4 with Stanford at 5. They are basically neck and neck right now so it could go either way.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2010, 07:04:43 pm »

I'm just thinking comparing the relative strengths of their single losses. However, the other rankings are out and, as you predicted, no one vaulted TCU. BSU sitting 9 or 10, behind one or two 2-loss teams, depending on the poll. Of course, sometimes the BCS numbers look a bit different. Well, Oregon-Auburn ought to be fun to watch.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2010, 09:28:51 pm »

I thought BSU would have landed right behind all of the current one loss teams in the top 10 at 8, but they definitely should be ahead of Oklahoma, and if there were justice should be higher than 8. I expected Nevada to put up a fight and for it to be a close game, because they are really solid this year, but switched it off at the half fearing another BSU blood bath (I like Nevada quite a bit for some reason... I like Reno quite a bit for some reason). I did catch the 4th quarter fortunately, after I checked the score online. Because Nevada is so new to the national scene they aren't getting a lot of credit and I think that's hurting BSU, which is unfair but not surprising.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2010, 07:10:56 pm »

Yeah, by rights the ranks shouldn't have ended up where they are, but that's what happens when you're in the WAC.

Also, TCU is headed to the Big East, so that move to the Mountain West doesn't look quite as good for BSU.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NCAA BCS series 2010
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2010, 07:16:24 pm »

So, Nevada to the Kraft Fight Hunger bowl, and BSU to the Las Vegas bowl (oddly, a bigger payout). That stumble against the Pack cost 16 million bucks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up