I need Nevada to win, of course. As I said elsewhere, I'll go for Oregon
They're looking pretty good. I like Nevada. Western pride and all that, but I also really like Reno as a town, and Chris Ault is the shit.
Man, I have these exams coming up, and I've tried to study, today, yesterday, over the last week, but too much football on my mind, probably was able to study 5 hours all week. With the Miracle on Turf yesterday (have you all seen The Run? if not or even if so click
here for a more complete picture of it and
here for just the play w/ the announcers scrubbed), the Nevada game and most significantly Oregon/Auburn tomorrow night. So nervous and excited about it, have never anticipated a game more than this.
Sports hasn't ruled my life this much since 2005, starting with the Seahawks handing the Colts their second consecutive loss in a previously undefeated season (I was there!) up through the rigged Super Bowl, and of course the 2001 baseball season.
But as far as the Seahawks go, even if by an act of God they were to go on to win the Super Bowl this year, it would still be a disappointing season because we lost to Denver. It's only a family rivalry, but I hate the Denver Broncos more than any other team in any sport, professional or amateur. In fact, if the Broncos would have gone to Super Bowl XL and lost to the Seahawks, that would have been the greatest day of my life.