Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dead Weather  (Read 4711 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 02:22:47 pm »

JEFF THE BROTHERHOOD.

they are so good.

the guitarist has a signal-splitter or something, so that his guitar is coming out of a stack of mixed guitar amps and bass amps. At various times he will hit pedals to switch to only one or only the other. So it is never quite Bass, but it gets pretty heavy sometimes.

Oh man I really like them.

Their music videos are really not that good. I will look for a good live video.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 05:02:10 pm »

That sounds pretty sweet. This isn't one of those bands where they are only available at local beer bashes and playing in your basement, is it?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 05:21:46 pm »

Surprisingly often when I listen to eMusic's free daily download I think "I don't like this at all. I'm sure TI loves them and will be posting about them shortly." Examples: Jeff the Brotherhood, Wavves, Best Coast
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 05:52:02 pm »

Surprisingly often when I listen to eMusic's free daily download I think "I don't like this at all. I'm sure TI loves them and will be posting about them shortly." Examples: Jeff the Brotherhood, Wavves, Best Coast

Z to tha ING.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 06:07:12 pm »

Z to tha ING.

I didn't mean to say those bands (or TI's tastes) suck. There's just a difference in preference. I mean, it's not like he's pimping Nickelback.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 06:24:17 pm »

I didn't mean to say those bands (or TI's tastes) suck. There's just a difference in preference. I mean, it's not like he's pimping Nickelback.
This is why I could never get my wife to hang here.  Nickelback, 5-for-Fighting, Coldplay - these represent the hard edge of her taste in music.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 06:27:34 pm »

I mean, Coldplay are a guilty pleasure of mine, but...

They aren't hard.

They are a guilty pleasure because they're so fuck*ng soft.

That's wild.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 07:34:22 pm »

I mean, Coldplay are a guilty pleasure of mine, but...

They aren't hard.

They are a guilty pleasure because they're so fuck*ng soft.

That's wild.

Obligatory "that's how I know you're gay" (or whatever the quote is). Full disclosure: I listen to Coldplay, and when they cover the band in the movie "Young at Heart" I almost burst out crying, and I was on an airplane! Of course, I was drunk at the time, but still.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 06:12:24 pm »

i dont feel guilty about it, but sometimes i enjoy the the beegees.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 06:35:02 pm »

I was reflecting the other day at work on how in the context of non-stop horrible music being played over the loudspeakers, songs I would normally not like so much make me get excited.

OH SHIT, STAYING ALIVE? I LOVE THIS SONG! YEAH!

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 06:58:34 pm »

Coldplay doesn't suck because they are soft, they suck because they suck.

I was Fooled by Coldplay.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 02:02:11 am »

The one guy seems amusing.

I don't know, I have a hard time anymore getting my ire up about a band. Unless the people are actually total cocks (Cake, I'm looking at you).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 02:06:54 am »

The one guy seems amusing.

I don't know, I have a hard time anymore getting my ire up about a band. Unless the people are actually total cocks (Cake, I'm looking at you).

Hummina?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 02:18:40 am »

Cake are cocks? I hadn't heard. Do tell.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Dead Weather
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 02:22:54 am »

I've heard a couple stories, one from a guy I know whose band was "lucky" enough to be picked to open for them, and then was pretty much treated like shit and derided. He didn't enjoy the experience.

As opposed to a band like, say, BOC, who were just delightful to some other friends of mine who opened for them, really supportive and sharing various and sundry green room enjoyments with them - and this wasn't like last week, it was when BOC could still draw a pretty good crowd.

Anyway, not to derail - I just think that the whole "your fave band sux" meme is tired, even as a joke. And fuck it, I kinda like Coldplay.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up