Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10  (Read 9050 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 10:54:41 pm »

ALSO:

Do you think it would help for him to just concede the previous storyline somehow?

Chucklebot steps out of the shower and it was all a dream?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 12:18:37 am »

I think he's gonna eventually get every character in the back of that van sucking each other off and Nice Pete is gonna murder tham all.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 12:50:06 am »

Quote from: pmcd9
I think he's gonna eventually get every character in the back of that van sucking each other off and Nice Pete is gonna murder tham all.

Tidy, no?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 03:00:15 am »

Is "took a shit with the lights on" an extant turn of phrase or did he make that up?
Google suggests that he made it up.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

TripperDay

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 03:21:42 am »

It's amazing how he makes up new idioms that sound like the cool people have been saying them forever.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 06:01:25 am »

It's amazing how he makes up new idioms that sound like the cool people have been saying them forever.

Yes it is.  Dammit, I guess that takes time. Sigh.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 02:05:31 pm »

if he wasn't so fuck*ng brilliant, i probably wouldn't get so irritated at a lack of his brilliance.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 02:08:41 pm »

I feel that way about my spouse sometimes.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 05:59:27 pm »

He says "Please help us keep the servers lit and firing!"  Maybe he's trying to keep the traffic down by only posting a strip every two weeks.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 06:18:38 pm »

"Evacuate? In our moment of glory?"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 07:47:05 pm »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2002

interesting phrasing there so soon after the last achewood...
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortesDiddy

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 03:45:05 pm »

Maybe it is backward hat PLUS no glasses.

I'm trying to think if I've seen that combination on that character before.

He almost looks like Lyle's "Lil Nephew" equivalent.

Maybe it is just that since some of his lines aren't closed fully, it makes it look like he has really slight shoulders from the wrong angles.


Yeah, there's only one other appearance of this 'lil nephew Lyle in front of the computer' afaik, where he hides under a towel.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: It has been 127 days since our last workplace give-a-fuck 9-10-10
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 06:33:09 am »

I've been saying "Why I got to know code language just to get my chang chang wet?" to myself all day for some reason.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up