Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you a gambler?  (Read 10183 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 10:27:23 pm »

I also considered an old-school pachinko machine, such as my folks brought back with us when we moved back to Alaska from Japan in '72 or thereabouts.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 11:18:53 pm »

Addams Family pinball

YES YES YES OMFG YES.

I have to go change my panties now.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 11:23:44 pm »

I liked to hit the flippers to match Thing's snaps, even when the machine didn't do it automatically.

Because...

I am a huge nerd.

"HAVE A NICE SWIM!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 12:06:59 am »

See, my take on gambling is that you have to know when to hold them, but also know when to fold them. It's pretty complicated shit.

But pinball, FUCK YES! Going to Vegas next weekend. I'll see if I can talk my friend into spending some time at the museum. I love that place. Who knows, maybe I'll take some photos.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 12:10:18 am »

I am really bad at every game in the world except for Settlers of Catan. I don't really gamble.

My radio station has the simpsons arcade game. Also Off Road, but it's been broken for a billion years.

The traditional first question during General Manager elections is "when will you fix Off Road?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 12:14:05 am »

My radio station has the simpsons arcade game.

The Simpsons pinball kicks ass. I would buy that if I had the cash and the space.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 12:23:31 am »

I'm very glad you all are craps players.

Pinball?  The Who's Tommy.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 01:19:16 am »

TOUAMB meetup in Vegas!  With expeditions to the craps table and the pinball joint.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 01:44:45 am »

Pinball.  Yes.

I remember once, I was playing some rad pin ball machine, and it malfunctioned in the most wonderful way - I just wouldn't stop giving me balls.  First is shot out every ball it contained, then every time I sank one, it was shot back out again.  That was good times.  Eventually my parents made me leave, which was something I did not want to do.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2010, 02:12:30 am »

The one thing I really liked in Vegas was the car museum, but then again I didn't go to the pinball dealie.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2010, 02:57:25 am »

which car museum? i saw the collection at the old imperial palace years back, heck of a lot of heck of awesome cars from deusenberg to shelby and zonda-- but construction made a ridiculous path through the hotel and garage to get there.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 03:06:59 am »

I was all about Silverball Mania.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2010, 03:19:38 am »

sorry sir didn't mean to step on your lawn
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2010, 03:33:04 am »

sorry sir didn't mean to step on your lawn

Hey!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Are you a gambler?
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2010, 05:27:47 am »

lol you know i'm just joshin
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up