Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've been a fan all my life but didn't know it 'til now.  (Read 7524 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I've been a fan all my life but didn't know it 'til now.
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2010, 02:11:54 am »

The only radio I miss and get nostalgic for is Oldies radio, but I imagine that's because that's how I really discovered music.

Now I ain't some kind of AC/DC fanatic or nothin, but if the main thing turning you haters off is that you've heard the dang songs too much, then I have some recommendations. Bon Scott era of course, because, well, that's the only AC/DC that matters. Better lyrics, better production and better vocals. Brian Johnson screeches. Bon Scott rumbled and growled. Much more menacing.

What's Next to the Moon

I should add that if the main thing that turns you off to AC/DC is lyrics so rife with misogyny Norman Mailer would wince, skip the following song in particular.

Squealer (hey does that intro remind anybody else of the intro to this song)

Ride On

Sin City

Jailbreak

I had never seen that Jailbreak video before and it's kinda hilarious.

Anyway, take em or leave em, I don't give a fuck.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:16:59 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up