Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Arby's (pseudo-split)  (Read 14158 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2003, 03:48:49 am »

Top Bun
Mayo
Ketchup/Catsup
Deli Mustard
Relish ( != Pickle )
2 rings Red Onion
1 slice Tomato
1 leaf Lettuce
Cheddar Cheese (shredded or 1 slice)
1 slice Ham
2/3 lb. (pre-cooked weight) Ground Beef
Barbecue Sauce
Bottom Bun


That, followed vertically, is the construction of the Perfect Burger, available here in Atlanta at the Vortex Bar & Grill, home of the 2nd best burger in town. To find the best burger in town, and the 2nd best burger in the country, visit me and I shall deliver it unto you.

Three cheers for Ham+Burgers!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2003, 03:57:59 am »

Field trip to Fudruckers!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2003, 11:21:23 am »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
If ham on a burger is good, pastrami on a buger is as near orgasmic as I could want my food to be.



PASTRAMI on a BURGER?????  That is SO WRONG.

Only in Utah would they think that is a good idea and I speak as a New Yorker whose maternal relations all live in and around Salt Lake City.  I am therefore qualified to discuss pastrami, and I also thank heaven every day that my mother married an Italian and learned to cook real food before I was born so I know whereof I speak.

It's not your fault, sj.  Obviously you fell in with a bad crowd at a tender and impressionable age.  Everyone is entitled to long for the tragic things they ate as a child.  But oh... the horror.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2003, 12:21:28 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"

Well, that's just appalling.  I was stricken with an attack of "Can they DO that??" upon reading that post.


I thought that about both the ham and the mixing of mayo and ketchup!
Why, Lord, why?

My perfect burger -
Lots of mayo
tomato
lettuce
burger
bun
That's pretty much it.
I'll have other styles sometimes, but I am a mayo addict, and to taint it with other things just doesn't work for me.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2003, 02:14:17 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
With all due respect, Carlos, you probably got somebody's LiveJournal nastygram of the day -- and you may very well have deserved it.


Well, this was about 1987, so it was before the days of LiveJournal.

And she literally opened a bag and put them in the fryer.  It took, like, three minutes.

I know food service can be a pain in the ass, but this was just a lazy-ass high school chick.

Meanwhile, all this burger talk is making me hungry.  Anyone ever been to Five Guys in the greater DC area?  Mmmmmmmm.... burger.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2003, 05:48:44 pm »

White Castle.   Represent.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2003, 06:37:14 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
If ham on a burger is good, pastrami on a buger is as near orgasmic as I could want my food to be.



PASTRAMI on a BURGER?????  That is SO WRONG.

Only in Utah would they think that is a good idea and I speak as a New Yorker whose maternal relations all live in and around Salt Lake City.  I am therefore qualified to discuss pastrami, and I also thank heaven every day that my mother married an Italian and learned to cook real food before I was born so I know whereof I speak.

It's not your fault, sj.  Obviously you fell in with a bad crowd at a tender and impressionable age.  Everyone is entitled to long for the tragic things they ate as a child.  But oh... the horror.


I'm not claiming that Crown Burgers are 'real food', or even 'good food' for that matter, and most of the time I'd rather eat my own cooking than any fast-food crap.  But there is still nothing like a Crown Burger.  I can't believe there are (meat-eating) people who don't love this idea, and don't want one right now.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2003, 08:07:47 pm »

I thought we were supposed to be connoisseurs in this group.  Were starting to sound like a bunch of fast food munching slobs up in here.

Purely by coincidence yesterday I crossed paths with one of the only two Roy Rogers in Houston.  They are both long gone now.  One has become a bbq joint and the other one, the one I passed yesterday has become a head shop.  Houston 420 it's now called.  I think I ate there once.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2003, 08:28:03 pm »

So I guess "In-N-Out Burger" gets no love here?

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2003, 09:04:16 pm »

Never heard of it.

The other thing is that I see a lot of TV ads for Checkers and for Sonic but have never actually seen either of those two places. Just ads.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2003, 09:18:02 pm »

Friends in LA speak of In-and-Out in glowing terms.  Alas, we don't have them 'round here, and I have never had the opportunity to visit one.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2003, 09:20:54 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
So I guess "In-N-Out Burger" gets no love here?


In-N-Out gets much love, but unfortunately has no chains further west than Mesa, AZ.  

But if I'm going to recall my Southern California fast food favorites, I'd definitely have to put Tommy's on the top of my list.  They put this greasy chili on everything.  Chili Burgers, to Chili Fries, to Chili Bacon Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches.

Stellar...  Truly stellar...
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2003, 09:57:57 pm »

CA: Ooo, lookit us with our In-N-Out Burgers and our Blue Ribbon mayo! La la la!

East Coast: Well we have . . . um, Utz and Hellman's! And more minor earthquakes! Word.

Which reminds me, I know Popeye's are rare above the M-D Line but how far west do they reach?
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2003, 10:14:59 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
So I guess "In-N-Out Burger" gets no love here?


It does get plenty of love here in the Southland, although not as much from me lately, owing to the factor mentioned earlier in this thread.  A Double-Double is a thing of beauty, especially with grilled onions.

I have friends who have sworn by Tommy's for years, but I avoid them like the plague.  I don't like my vittles buried in chili - except for the chili cheese fries at Johnny Rocket's.

The best cheeseburger out here could be found at the Sunset Grill, a hole-in-the-wall next to the Hollywood Guitar Center.  There was this little old German guy who just knew what to do with a patty and a slice of cheese.  (Don Henley tried to turn the place into a metaphor for American malaise, but it didn't affect the quality of the burgers.) Alas, the guy died a few years ago and they tried to turn it into a respectable establishment, with lousy results.

I'm an editing fool!!
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Arby's (pseudo-split)
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2003, 10:17:23 pm »

In-N-Out is fuck*ng wonderful. I've only ever been to the one in Vegas, though - the first time as a Big Lebowski inspired lark, and the second as a this may be the last time I ever ever get to have one of these motherfuck*ng life changing burgers. Good Lord how do they do it

I can't think of any franchises that make Texas special, apart from the fact that every month is Truck Month, which surely counts for something in a non-edible way.

Also - and I have no idea where I originally came up with this - but I was under the impression that Roy Rogers and Arby's were one and the same, having a sort of Exxon / Esso relationship. Perhaps I am just retarded.

INVITATION FOR CHEAP SHOTS, PEOPLE
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up