Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10  (Read 6578 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« on: September 23, 2010, 12:01:28 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09232010

I had to look up Petra Verkaik.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:03:44 pm »

I had to look up Petra Verkaik.

What's the point of a Wikipedia entry for a nude model without a photograph?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 12:04:47 pm »

Also: Correct thread title. I would also have accepted "We all from decades, you know."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 12:06:57 pm »

Also: Correct thread title. I would also have accepted "We all from decades, you know."

I was going to suggest that was the correct one, but I didn't want to be wrong. I'm going to try to use that today.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 12:32:56 pm »

I think the thread title is a better thread title, but the other is a phrase that the world definitely needed.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 12:42:51 pm »

IPE IPE IPE!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 12:55:42 pm »

It took all that time to come up with "neck-breathin' earth gypsy."

Also:  KOODGE
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 01:27:11 pm »

I like how Ray is both delighted by the computer getting eaten and the dog being shot for doing so.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 02:11:12 pm »

I liked "it was just a statement from the part of me that's how I am".
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 02:51:37 pm »

I think the long delays are hurting the continuity. First, Teodor's teeth marks were on a burger he never ate. Now Ray has no knowledge of this Known Breakfast Drink that is apparently legendary in its ability to wake him.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »

"Things that go 'cluck' in the night".
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 03:09:33 pm »

oh goddamnit damnit damnit how can today be monday i woulda swore yesterday was wednesday SHIT did i miss the weekend
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 03:29:59 pm »

I'm sorry, you're all wrong. The correct thread title is "Fix-a-Flat for the hard charging man-about-town."

The dialog is old-school 'stad style in this strip, but I think what really took him forever was the sheer length of the strip. This is a week's worth of updates right here -- 21 panels in 6 rows! I would be thrilled with once-a-week updates if they were as meaty as this one.

"We all from decades" is indeed awesome. Also, the Clue-style "[hot chick] in the [room] with the [sensual object]" method of problem-solving.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 03:57:19 pm »

The dialog is old-school 'stad style in this strip, but I think what really took him forever was the sheer length of the strip. This is a week's worth of updates right here -- 21 panels in 6 rows! I would be thrilled with once-a-week updates if they were as meaty as this one.

How sad that a one strip a week schedule seems like an impossible dream at this point.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: You neck-breathin' earth gypsy! 9/23/10
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 04:39:49 pm »

Quote from: JorgeFabregas
Now Ray has no knowledge of this Known Breakfast Drink that is apparently legendary in its ability to wake him.

Not to be all No-Prizey but Ray is severely chemically-altered man of leisure which might lend itself to lost time/memories especially in a state of significant hangover.

Like a computer restarting in safe mode, without access to everything, because it understands Something Is Fucked.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up