Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cure  (Read 11788 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Cure
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 01:09:44 am »

This fucktard is a lot wussier than this, and has nothing to do with depression.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The Cure
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 01:42:23 am »

Jorge, I think you are correct.

I like the Cure still, but, yeah. The Smiths are in an entirely different category. Joy Division too. But especially the Smiths. And even though I still like the Cure, especially Faith and Pornography, Robert Smith really bugs me. I agree that it is silly to like the Cure (and Depeche Mode for that matter, guilty on that charge as well), but liking the Smiths is just part of being a good person.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The Cure
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 01:46:10 am »

liking the Smiths is just part of being a good person.

i guess im just a dick, then.........

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The Cure
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 02:02:30 am »

Ha, that photo is so rad. That kid definitely hates the Smiths.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Cure
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 02:17:04 am »

you can say whatever you want, but liking that first Cure album is not wussy at all.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The Cure
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 02:19:36 am »

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it is wussy, and the early stuff isn't wussy by any definition of that word, but it's silly to like them. I'm silly.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:25:13 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: The Cure
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 03:08:42 am »

I just listen to whatever the fuck music I want and don't give a fuck what other people think about it.  I've found it is the best way.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Cure
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 03:12:17 am »

I bought a Paul McCartney album today.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cure
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 01:51:27 pm »

I just listen to whatever the fuck music I want and don't give a fuck what other people think about it.  I've found it is the best way.

I am intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter, good sir.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Re: The Cure
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 02:57:56 pm »

How about the Oasis http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07142003 arc? They had a pretty good run.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

TripperDay

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: The Cure
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 03:59:59 pm »

I bought a Paul McCartney album today.

Damn, son. You sure you want on the internet where anyone can find out?

What do y'all think the Tenmen sound like?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Cure
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 04:04:57 pm »

I'm just sayin... I bought a Paul McCartney album and even I think it's silly to like the Cure.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Cure
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 04:32:16 pm »

Damn, son. You sure you want on the internet where anyone can find out?

What do y'all think the Tenmen sound like?

There used to be two Tenmen songs on the Radio Achewood page. They... they were not good.
Logged

Harlock Hero

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 15
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: The Cure
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 05:25:05 pm »

I'm with oball on these matters, so I fully admit to liking The Cure (particularly Boys Don't Cry/Imaginary-era, then the Pornography-Disintegration-Bloodflowers "trilogy")(actually wearing a Cure shirt right now -_- ) AND Oasis (What's the Story (Morning Glory)? is just a damn solid album).

(Stackin' parenthetical asides three-deep since 1983.)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Cure
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 10:27:17 pm »

OK, it's time to confess, I am not sure I have ever heard The Cure. How about somebody link to some song that's so famous that you're totally flabbergasted if I've really never heard it, and I'll check it out.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up