Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK  (Read 3798 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« on: September 27, 2010, 06:12:41 pm »

Live by the Segway, die by the Segway.  Wonder if there are actuarial tables on Segway ownership.  Your insurance might be going up, comical two-wheeled conveyance owners.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 06:21:17 pm »

Is that ironic?  No, it's not ironic, it's something else.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 06:33:52 pm »

I think it would be ironic if he'd given up walking his grounds and used a Segway because he was afraid of falling off the cliff.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 06:57:00 pm »

its some kind of nerdy conspiracy...... bill gates and steve jobs will have to go into hiding.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 07:54:52 pm »

We have cops on Segways. Do you think they are intimidating to bad guys? They are to me, I'm always afraid I'm going to get a toe run over.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 10:41:38 pm »

We have cops on Segways. Do you think they are intimidating to bad guys? They are to me, I'm always afraid I'm going to get a toe run over.

youre not very bad.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 12:04:51 am »

Quote from: The Daily Mail
Jimi was chairman of Hesco Bastion Ltd, the world leading manufacturer of protective barriers, and owner of Segway Inc.
Sounds pretty ironic to me.

Segway cops always remind me of that robo-duck guy from DuckTales.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 04:44:49 am »

Has anyone ever seen a Segway in person?  Oh wait, actually I have, only the security guards at the mall on Long Island.  Never once in the city.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 05:01:56 am »

i've ridden one. they're pretty amazing once you get the feel of it.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 05:37:04 am »

Saw 'em sporadically in the nicer parts of the San Fernando Valley.

I don't know, maybe they lived in Sherman Oaks instead of the other side of the hill so that they could stick that money into a Segway.

Ridiculous to see.

ALSO: the cops at the international terminal of LAX. Made them much taller and therefore more imposing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 06:54:37 am »

While both are clearly outranked by the hoss Cop, is the Segway Cop more or less embarrassed on a daily basis than the Bicycle Cop?
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 07:19:34 am »

They're all outranked by Axe Cop.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 12:57:13 pm »

They're all outranked by Axe Cop.

can
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 01:31:44 pm »

There are Segway tours in DC, for tourists who can't hack walking from the Lincoln Memorial to the Capitol.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Tragedy in Boston Spa West Yorkshire, UK
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 01:54:02 am »

I remember being slightly terrified by the Segway ads back before they were widely available. Like I remember everyone in the ad was on a Segway, and it was disturbing.

I rode one several years ago. We used to see this guy around town (back when I was living in Provo, UT) and it turned out he lived at my friend's apartment complex. He let my girlfriend and I give it a whirl. I had more difficulty with it than she did, and he said this was normal. In fact, I remember feeling bad for Bush when it was reported he fell off of one. I didn't fall or anything, but it would have been easy to at first.

I thought it was ridiculous, but the guy explained that it was, of course, way cheaper in every way than a car, and cut down on his commute to work a ton, which was long enough that walking would have taken too long apparently, and was less effort than a bike. Still seemed kind of ridiculous but I could see why he liked it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up