Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: War with Iran  (Read 2389 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
War with Iran
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:22:59 am »

Seems inevitable to me.  Maybe even WWIII.  Iran seems determined to get nuclear arms and there's no way in hell the US and Israel are gonna allow that to happen.

I'm curious how you guys think war with Iran might play out.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: War with Iran
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 01:42:39 am »

im sure they will turn out like the other middle eastern wars have turned out: long and complicated.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: War with Iran
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 01:45:00 am »

I'm curious how you guys think war with Iran might play out.

I'd rather not think about it. Just makes my head hurt.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: War with Iran
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 02:58:16 am »

War with Iran? Shit. That'd be the minute everyone who ever wanted to take us down goes for it, I reckon.

"Operation: Stretch The American Forces To The Point Of Breaking" is more or less complete at that second.

Kim Jong Wing Wong makes a big push south, the Arab world pushes north south and west into Israel all the fuck at once. A major city somewhere gets turned-to-glass-ified.

The fundamentalist Christian elements in the American military go rogue and let loose the hossmen of their goddamned self-fulfilling bullshit apocalypse.

And we're basically left to hope that in that momemt of chaos, a whole lot of motherfuckers with their fingers on the trigger love their children more than they love their gods.

If not, this age of man ends right where it fuckin' started, in fuckin' Mesopotamia and whatever kings remain alive are free to collapse at the fallen walls of Uruk and weep bitter tears.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: War with Iran
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 03:20:52 am »

I'm hoping the current administration gives up the world police gig.

I'm thinking that Israel is going to strike preemptively and when they do the US will back up whatever play they make.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: War with Iran
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 03:28:06 am »

Fuck. I have to remember not to click on this thread. I mean, interesting and very important topic and all, but, damn.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: War with Iran
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 03:37:43 am »

Quote from: pmcd9
I'm thinking that Israel is going to strike preemptively and when they do the US will back up whatever play they make.

Hoo boy. That's a likely one but that would be disasterous in its own way and probably round-about lead to the same place.

Imagine every militant we've bribed over to our side in Afghanistan and Iraq flipping on us at once. Every king and shiek in the entire Arabian peninsula too.

Pakistan ain't far from there and they have a whole bleeding MESS of The Bomb.

So does India.

Oh, and China's right around there. They have more of The Bomb than India and Pakistan put together times a hundred.

That... could be a bad thing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: War with Iran
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 07:20:06 am »

Wait a minute...  musta took a wrong turn, there ain't no capybaras in here...
Logged
ACHIEVE

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: War with Iran
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 01:37:35 pm »

War with Iran? Shit. That'd be the minute everyone who ever wanted to take us down goes for it, I reckon.

"Operation: Stretch The American Forces To The Point Of Breaking" is more or less complete at that second.

Kim Jong Wing Wong makes a big push south, the Arab world pushes north south and west into Israel all the fuck at once. A major city somewhere gets turned-to-glass-ified.

The fundamentalist Christian elements in the American military go rogue and let loose the hossmen of their goddamned self-fulfilling bullshit apocalypse.

And we're basically left to hope that in that momemt of chaos, a whole lot of motherfuckers with their fingers on the trigger love their children more than they love their gods.

If not, this age of man ends right where it fuckin' started, in fuckin' Mesopotamia and whatever kings remain alive are free to collapse at the fallen walls of Uruk and weep bitter tears.

Dogs and cats... Living together... MASS HYSTERIA!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: War with Iran
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 01:47:07 pm »

This is the country that looked in serious danger of undergoing a revolution last year, right? I think you over-estimate their chances. No matter how crazy their leaders are (or ours) I didn't think they'd be feeling ready to go down that road.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: War with Iran
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 03:56:07 pm »

No matter how crazy their leaders are (or ours) I didn't think they'd be feeling ready to go down that road.

But they are going down that road.

"Operation: Stretch The American Forces To The Point Of Breaking" is more or less complete at that second.

American forces are nowhere near the breaking point.  Not even close.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: War with Iran
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 05:58:11 pm »

It is weird how in this book I read about Iran that I really liked, written right before the protests last summer, he talks about how Iranians love Ahmadinajad. He basically says we have a warped view of Iranian politics, because when journalists from the US go there, they end up meeting all the sophisticated highly-educated people who speak English.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: War with Iran
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 01:54:30 am »

It is weird how in this book I read about Iran that I really liked, written right before the protests last summer, he talks about how Iranians love Ahmadinajad. He basically says we have a warped view of Iranian politics, because when journalists from the US go there, they end up meeting all the sophisticated highly-educated people who speak English.

All the stuff I've read says the same thing. And it all says that all the folks who are educated are saying "yeah, we're getting the fuck out of here".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up