Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Best movie  (Read 6411 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Best movie
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 04:23:06 pm »

The Birds.


What?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Best movie
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 01:24:48 am »

The Room.

Seriously, everyone see The Room, like... tonight.  ASAP.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Best movie
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 01:31:43 am »

Ai Will Not See it! AII WILL NAAWT!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Best movie
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 01:36:22 am »

the experiment(the american one with forrest whitaker and adrien brody)

(what the fuck, right?  the room.....?)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:26:48 am by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Best movie
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 01:51:42 am »

The only room I'm seeing tonight is my bedroom - zing!

Well, and my office for a few more hours.

Eh, that bit sucked.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Best movie
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 02:05:09 am »

the room(the american one with forrest whitaker and adrien brody)

Oh.
Not this one, then?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Best movie
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 05:27:50 am »

sorry, dudes.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Best movie
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 01:51:22 pm »

Chinatown.

(I'm watching it again currently, a little every night. I had forgotten some really funny bits from it.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Best movie
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2010, 06:54:26 pm »

I think motherhood is getting to me; I'm starting to think Toy Story 2 is the pinnacle of American filmmaking.

Seriously, they tie up, like, eleven subplots in the last fifteen minutes of the movie, and they don't even break a sweat.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Best movie
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2010, 06:33:39 pm »

Meanwhile I love movies that don't tie up anything.  But then I don't have a toddler asking me "why" 5000 times a day.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pearced

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
    • Look out! He's got a knife
Re: Best movie
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 02:01:46 am »

The Abominable Dr. Phibes.

Kubrick is somewhat overrated.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Best movie
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 02:25:25 am »

Meanwhile I love movies that don't tie up anything.  But then I don't have a toddler asking me "why" 5000 times a day.

I don't either, actually. Neither of my kids has figured out that they can ask for information yet -- they both just try to grok shit on their own. It's a bit of a problem, especially when one or the other decides s/he wants to know how the toilet works.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Best movie
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2010, 03:08:42 am »

The Abominable Dr. Phibes.

Kubrick is somewhat overrated.

Hello.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Best movie
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2010, 03:32:21 am »

All I know about Kubrick is Full Metal Jacket is one of the 10ish movies I legitimately like.

People have been trying to get me to watch 2001 for a decade now, but I am pretty sure I would hate it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Best movie
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2010, 03:41:41 am »

I'd say that I legitimately like Full Metal Jacket.  Where is Andalucia, she was our resident Kubrick fan once upon a time.  Good times.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up