Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best movie  (Read 6392 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Best movie
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2010, 04:39:27 am »

Keith, man - You've never seen A Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove, or The Shining? Because I can recommend all of those.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Best movie
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2010, 05:29:05 am »

I don't either, actually. Neither of my kids has figured out that they can ask for information yet -- they both just try to grok shit on their own. It's a bit of a problem, especially when one or the other decides s/he wants to know how the toilet works.

hopefully that qulaity can take them to MIT or somesuch place. 
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Best movie
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 07:14:40 am »

Oh yeah- I have actually, just kinda forgot what he did besides 2001 and Full Metal Jacket.  I kinda liked Dr. Strangelove, didn't like A Clockwork Orange and saw the Shining as a kid.  My roommate and I were talking about watching that the other day actually.  Probably will soon.

I also saw that one with Tom Cruise I think?  If I did I was real high on pills and don't remember. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Best movie
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2010, 01:47:46 pm »

Now that you mention it, I forgot that my stock "favorite movie" answer has always been either Dr. Strangelove or Return of the Jedi, depending on whether the people I'm with are the type to have seen Strangelove.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Best movie
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2010, 07:50:58 pm »

Tron Legacy
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up