Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282460 times)

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1215 on: July 16, 2012, 10:58:32 pm »

Pearls before swine, inev.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1216 on: July 16, 2012, 11:29:38 pm »

I have this stupid idea that if you explain things to people they will understand them.

Give this up now. It's nothing but heartbreak.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1217 on: July 17, 2012, 03:14:56 pm »

Insane coworker yesterday: the iPhone is provably the best phone because it sells more than any individual model of any other phone and all the other companies do is copy it. I stayed out if it. People tried to point out things iPhone did second but he'd just say really loud "but they still sell more, they still sell more." This is the same guy who when discussing what he'll do when he wins the lottery complains that the really high-end clothes don't have any logos on them so he'll still have to keep buying the stuff that's a step or two down so people can see the logos.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1218 on: July 17, 2012, 03:39:38 pm »

So I assume he buys every album that hits #1 on the Billboard charts, since obviously those are the best ones since they sell the most.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1219 on: July 17, 2012, 04:09:03 pm »

If I get that rich I'll have a personal tailor.  No labels, but best of all, no tags.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1220 on: July 17, 2012, 05:26:22 pm »

If I get that rich, I'mma buy a minor league baseball team and wear a new fancy top hat to every game.

Tossing the top hat into the crowd at the end of each contest.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1221 on: July 17, 2012, 06:33:56 pm »



The guy that posted this works as a consultant and has several mortgages out on multiple rental properties that he and his wife own & manage for additional income.

But he has a vegetable garden! Fight the power!

Edit: image tag
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:11:39 pm by jay-ell »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1222 on: July 18, 2012, 09:41:41 pm »

You know what I hate?  Extremely poor poster lay out!



"Dan Silljer and... who?", oh you want me to look up and to the left now, okay.  "In support of creative August 2nd..."" no wait... Terrible.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1223 on: July 18, 2012, 11:01:38 pm »



The guy that posted this works as a consultant and has several mortgages out on multiple rental properties that he and his wife own & manage for additional income.

But he has a vegetable garden! Fight the power!

Edit: image tag

That made me laugh as hard as all the ' DONT BUY GAS ON TUESDAY! ' kind of posts. The delusion that walmart will feel your personal boycott is sad. Is the dude really telling me to revert to a barter and trade economy? Because FU banks? yikes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1224 on: July 18, 2012, 11:10:06 pm »

I do not know if WalMart has to feel my boycott for it to me a moral choice that I have made not to shop in their store. I do not have any delusions that anyone gives a shit. But I will not give them my paychecks, which would be a lot lower if I were not unionized.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1225 on: July 18, 2012, 11:13:36 pm »

I do not know if WalMart has to feel my boycott for it to me a moral choice that I have made not to shop in their store. I do not have any delusions that anyone gives a shit.

This, plus I will steal from them.  They are the only store/person I will steal from.  To make myself feel even better about it I won't even steal things I need anymore, only useless shit I'll throw away.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1226 on: July 20, 2012, 01:00:51 pm »



LOL.

Edit: OMG. Pedro just told me that the second of those posts is in extremely poor taste because there was a shooting at a screening of the film in Colorado, killing 12 and injuring 50. I had no idea.

I thought the guy who posted the second status was an idiot. Now I know he's a jerk.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:52:28 pm by jay-ell »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1227 on: July 20, 2012, 04:28:16 pm »

I am going to have a Problem if I keep reading/commenting on my neighborhood facebook page.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1228 on: July 22, 2012, 02:36:38 am »

http://blogs.babble.com/strollerderby/2012/07/12/judging-a-book-by-its-cover-a-6-year-old-guesses-what-classic-novels-are-all-about/

A 6 year old takes some guesses about classic books based on their cover art. That kid is going to be seriously confused when she learns A Clockwork Orange is not in fact about colorful fancy *****s.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1229 on: July 22, 2012, 03:02:51 am »

"The story is about a very very hairy eagle who hangs out with fancy ladies."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 143   Go Up